calendar of events
- calendar of events. // News from Native California;Spring2005, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p36
Presents a calendar of events for Indians of North America in California from April to June 2005. Kuruvunga Springs State Historic Indian Village Site Public Tour; 21st Annual California Indian Market & World Cultures Festival; Cahuilla Basket Making Workshop at Idyllwild Arts Academy.
- LIFE STORY. // Pomo Basketmaking;1972, p16
Describes a photograph that shows a typical streamside woodland of the California Coast Range. Trees found in the area which include willow, cottonwood and alder; Features of places where California Indians found most of their materials for making baskets.
- BASKETWEAVERS' GATHERING. Brawley, Shannon // News from Native California;Winter2006/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p37
The article discusses the sixteenth annual California basket-weavers gathering, which was sponsored by the California Indian Basketweavers Association and the Soboba Indian Reservation. Gathering highlights included the showcasing of unique baskets as well as the socialization opportunities...
- calendar of events. // News from Native California;Winter2008/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p36
This article presents a list of ongoing and special events in January 2009, including the Fine Horsehair Basketry: Gaming Baskets and Story Teller Baskets seminar by Linda Aguilar to be held in Folsom, California from January 5 - March 2, 2009, One Tract Mind, Art of Gerald Clarke, Jr. in...
- AUTRY EXTENDS The Art of Native American Basketry EXHIBIT. // News from Native California;Winter2010/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p8
The article reviews the exhibition "The Art of Native American Basketry" at the Southwest Museum of the American Indian in the Autry National Center in California from November 6, 2009 through May 6, 2012.
- 2005 California Indian Basketweavers Association Gathering. Tells His Name, Diane // News from Native California;Winter2005/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p17
The article presents the highlights of the California Indian Basketweavers Association (CIBA) Gathering held at the Cupa Cultural Center and Pala Resort and Spa on the Pala Indian Reservation in southern California on June 24, 2005. The association holds it annual gathering in a new region of...
- POMO INDIAN BASKET DESIGNS. // Pomo Basketmaking;1972, p22
Deals with basket designs used by Pomo basketweavers. Use of Spanish beads in some baskets; Popularity of old designs which show a spiral line of white between black pigments.
- calendar of events. // News from Native California;Fall2005, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p41
Presents a calendar of special events relevant to American Indians in California from October 2005 through December 2006. "Woven Legacy: A Collection of Dat-so-la-lee Works, 1900-1921" art exhibition at Gatekeeper's Museum in Tahoe City; 5th Annual The Eagle Honoring Our Elders Powwow in...
- Specialized Vocabulary in the Languages of Native California. Hinton, Leanne // Flutes of Fire: Essays on California Indian Languages;1994, p123
The article discusses the specialized vocabulary used by California Indians in basketry to describe the materials, technology, shape, function and design of baskets. It notes that the terminology that links with basket designs is based on nature referencing to butterflies, grasshoppers, snakes,...