MY BATTLES IN WAR AND PEACE: CONCLUSION: THE KOREAN WAR
- A SUPPORT PLATOON IN IRAQ. Lyons, Marco J. // Infantry;Mar/Apr2006, Vol. 95 Issue 2, p19
The article discusses the author's experience of preparing to deploy as a support platoon leader with other U.S. infantry officers in Iraq. He stated that he did not expect he would lead a platoon of truck operators and fuel specialists in a combat zone after he left Fort Benning, Georgia for...
- An Old Soldier Remembers. GILANI, M. A. // Defence Journal;Nov2012, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p53
The author presents a personal narrative of his experiences as a soldier for Pakistan Army meeting General Iftikhar and Brigadier Sher Ali, managing the defences of JESSAR Bridge over the Ravi River, and serving with the Chitral Scouts.
- GLOBAL SITREP. // Soldiers;Jan2016, Vol. 72 Issue 1, p8
The article discusses developments concerning members of the British Army in various countries as of January 2016. Topics covered include public order training for personnel from the Royal Anglian Regiment's A Company of the 1st Battalion in Kent, England, soldier Mark Holloway's completion of...
- My "Two Weeks" in Baghdad. Wolburg, Gerry // Armed Forces Comptroller;Spring2006, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p9
The author, who is a Sergeant First Class, shares his experiences in Baghdad, Iraq. In Iraq, he had a training that focused on basic soldier skills. When he came back to Virginia, he had a crash course in database programs. He worked in an office and did balancing of ledgers, processing of...
- SEA STORIES. Cargile, Cannon C.; Hatchel, Nathan; Ramos, Teodoro // Marines;Apr-Jun2009, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p37
Several personal narratives are presented which explores the authors' experiences as members of the U.S. Marine Corps including one on being deployed in different regions with different climates, being kept out from one's house in Iraq during a night patrol and being knocked back by a barbed...
- A DETERMINED ISLAND. R. C. L. // Punch, or the London Charivari, Vol. 147, August 26th, 1914;1/1/1914, p4
A personal narrative is presented that explores the author's experience of being a soldier.
- A Flight I Will Always Remember. Basnett, John // Officer;Oct2007, Vol. 83 Issue 8, p11
A personal narrative is presented which explores an American soldier's experience being deployed in Baghdad, Iraq.
- Standing TALL. GADSON, GREG // Guideposts;Mar2013, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p56
The author narrates his experience during his ride back to Camp Liberty, his battalion headquarters northeast of Baghdad International Airport, Iraq.
- Beneath ICE THE LAST 'SALAM'. Qayyum, Tabish // Hilal;2012, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p19
A first person narrative is presented which explores the author's experience with soldiers who buried under avalanches.