MY BATTLES IN WAR AND PEACE: CONCLUSION: THE KOREAN WAR
- A SUPPORT PLATOON IN IRAQ. Lyons, Marco J. // Infantry;Mar/Apr2006, Vol. 95 Issue 2, p19
The article discusses the author's experience of preparing to deploy as a support platoon leader with other U.S. infantry officers in Iraq. He stated that he did not expect he would lead a platoon of truck operators and fuel specialists in a combat zone after he left Fort Benning, Georgia for...
- Lead the Way. Murphy, Terrence W. // Engineer;May-Aug2011, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p3
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience as the 16th Engineer School command sergeant major.
- An Old Soldier Remembers. GILANI, M. A. // Defence Journal;Nov2012, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p53
The author presents a personal narrative of his experiences as a soldier for Pakistan Army meeting General Iftikhar and Brigadier Sher Ali, managing the defences of JESSAR Bridge over the Ravi River, and serving with the Chitral Scouts.
- 652ND ENGINERS MORE TO NEW MODERN FACILITY. Farley, Chris // Warrior Citizen;Summer2010, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p35
The article reports on the deployment of the U.S. Army Reserve's 652nd Engineer Co. in Hammond, Wisconsin.
- GLOBAL SITREP. // Soldiers;Jan2016, Vol. 72 Issue 1, p8
The article discusses developments concerning members of the British Army in various countries as of January 2016. Topics covered include public order training for personnel from the Royal Anglian Regiment's A Company of the 1st Battalion in Kent, England, soldier Mark Holloway's completion of...
- Smoking and Deployment: Perspectives of Junior-Enlisted U.S. Air Force and U.S. Army Personnel and Their Supervisors. Poston, Walker S. C.; Taylor, Jennifer E.; Hoffman, Kevin M.; Peterson, Alan L.; Lando, Harry A.; Shelton, Suzanne; Haddock, C. Keith // Military Medicine;May2008, Vol. 173 Issue 5, p441
Smoking during deployments is a growing problem, particularly among junior-enlisted personnel, who have the highest smoking rates in the military. Few studies have examined reasons for smoking initiation among never smokers, relapse among former smokers, or increased smoking frequency among...
- New Armour for Full Spectrum Operations. Antal, John // Military Technology;2011, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p100
The article provides an update on the ground combat vehicle (GCV) programme of the U.S. Army. The Army seeks the construction of a GCV that can deliver a full nine-soldier squad into a full-spectrum combat environment. It considers to build the vehicle from the ground up to withstand roadside...
- Preliminary Normative Data for the Evaluation of Risks Scale--Bubble Sheet Version (EVAR-B) for Large-Scale Surveys of Returning Combat Veterans. Killgore, William D. S.; Castro, Carl A.; Hoge, Charles W. // Military Medicine;Oct2010, Vol. 175 Issue 10, p725
Objective: The Evaluation of Risks (EVAR) scale has been used to assess risk-taking propensity in military samples. This report provides preliminary reliability, validity, and normative data on a modified version of the instrument designed to facilitate data entry with optical scanners, the...
- My "Two Weeks" in Baghdad. Wolburg, Gerry // Armed Forces Comptroller;Spring2006, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p9
The author, who is a Sergeant First Class, shares his experiences in Baghdad, Iraq. In Iraq, he had a training that focused on basic soldier skills. When he came back to Virginia, he had a crash course in database programs. He worked in an office and did balancing of ledgers, processing of...