GSC Names New Hedge Fund Chief
- GSC Hires Paine To Run Fund After Doscher, Horan Depart. J.M.; K. K.; Sibayan, Karen // Bank Loan Report;2/27/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p2
The article reports on the appointment of Robert M. Paine as senior managing director of GSC Partners company and in charge of the company's new hedge fund in the U. S. The appointment of Paine followed after the resignation of former co-heads of distressed debt Drew Doscher and Jeffrey Horan....
- GSC Raises Funds For New CLO. K. K. // Bank Loan Report;5/8/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p3
The article reports on GSC Partner's announcement of its completion of fund raising for its collaterized loan obligation, a $413 million vehicle that will invest chiefly in middle market loans and mezzanine. The fund will take advantage of the attractive investment opportunities in the large and...
- Looking For Fresh Mezzanine Opportunities? Try Europe. // Bank Loan Report;3/15/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p10
Points out that U.S. mezzanine investors looking for new opportunities could do worse than follow the lead of GSC Partners, and look to European mezzanine. Speech by Keith Abell, co-president of GSC, explaining why his firm has invested more than $800 million in European mezzanine since 2000;...
- MARKET BUZZ. // High Yield Report;2/27/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p8
The article reports developments related to the bond market. Robert M. Paine was appointed by GSC Partners as senior managing director. Ashok Nayyar was named by Morgan Stanley & Co. Inc. as co-head of leveraged and acquisition finance. Credit Derivatives Research will be introducing a new...
- Out of Context. // Money Management;2/10/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p2
Highlights various statements of executives from financial institutions regarding issues relating to the financial services industry in Australia.
- PEOPLE NEWS. // Leveraged Finance News;11/14/2011, Vol. 1 Issue 44, p12
The article reports on the acquisition of GSC Group Inc.'s London team in England by the U.S.-based Black Diamond Capital Management LLC, to be led by Nick Petrusic.
- GSC opens new fund for MM CLOs. // Asset Securitization Report;4/9/2007, Vol. 7 Issue 14, p7
The article reports that GSC Group opens new fund for collateralized loan obligation in the U.S. It states that the company announced the closing of its 13th CDO fund since April 2000. The said strategy stems from tight pricing in the market on broadly syndicated deals. Seth Katzenstein,...
- GSC Analysis goes with the cash flow. Stein, Gabrielle // Asset Securitization Report;2/5/2007, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p12
This article presents an interview with GSC Group's Seth M. Katzenstein, managing director and head of portfolio management and underwriting, and managing director and head of origination Alexander B. Wright in the U.S. When asked about the typical structure of GSC's collateralized debt...
- Bank and Nonbank Executives. // American Banker;5/6/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 87, p12
The article lists salaries of executives of the U.S. financial services industry by ownership stake in 2003.