T800s handle logistical challenge
- Discover the coast of British Columbia. White, Michael D. // World Trade;May97, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p94
Focuses on rate structure introduced by British Columbia (BC) Ferries for the summer's Discovery Coast Passage service. Details of the passage service; Explanation of the fare plan; When the summer rates will stay in effect; Approximate one-way ferry rates for the Port Hardy to Bella Coola...
- BC FERRIES IMPLEMENTS FUEL SURCHARGE. // Pacific Yachting;Feb2014, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p10
The article reports on marine transportation firm British Columbia Ferry Services Inc.'s (BC Ferries) implementation of a fuel surcharge on its routes in response to high fuel prices.
- CURRENTS. // Pacific Yachting;Sep2015, Vol. 57 Issue 9, p11
The article announces the selection of Salish Orca, Salish Eagle and Salish Raven as the names for British Columbia Ferry Services Inc.'s new intermediate class ferries under construction, following the Name a Ferry contest in which the company received more than 7,100 entries.
- Ferries decision prompts furor. Toller, Carol // Quill & Quire;May98, Vol. 64 Issue 5, p7
Reports the book-supply contract awarded by B.C. Ferries to News Group in Canada. Terms of the contract; Concerns of several publisher representatives on the contract; Impact of the contract to the book industry.
- B.C. Ferries' new drop trailer service not sitting well with truckers. // Canadian Transportation & Logistics;May2009, Vol. 112 Issue 5, p10
The article reports that B.C. Ferries has launched a project that would provide a drop-off service for commercial truck retailers for transport between Vancouver Island and the Mainland in British Columbia. B.C. Ferry Services Inc. (BCFS) said that the service allows trailer drop-offs for...
- BC Ferries Reminds Boaters to be Aware of Cable Ferry Operations. // Pacific Yachting;Jan2016, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p21
The article reports that passenger and vehicle ferry company British Columbia Ferry Services Inc. has reminded boaters to be aware of operations in cable ferry in Canada and worldwide due to the implemented Ferry Cable Regulations and the Navigation Protection Act.
- WEST COAST. Tully, Paul // Steamboat Bill;Fall2007, Vol. 64 Issue 3, p65
This section offers news briefs concerning the shipping and cruising scene in the U.S. West Coast. The Spanish-flag freighter Salica Frigo came within 500 yards of grounding in Unalaska Bay in Alaska following an engine breakdown on March 8, 2007. BC Ferries launched the vessel Northern...
- Coralling Corrosion. Shenker, Mira // Water Canada;2011, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p30
The article offers information about the wastewater treatment facility of the British Columbia Ferry Services Inc. It states that the company's facility is the only known system in Canada treating salt water sewage. Moreover, it mentions that the plant was built in marine grade aluminum alloy to...
- Hot Products: CANADA. // Travel Agent;05/08/2000, Vol. 299 Issue 9, p114
Features package tours and products offered by operators in Canada as of May 8, 2000. Rendezvous for Two package from the Aerie in Malhat, British Columbia; Egyptian Art in the Age of the Pyramid exhibit at Toronto's Royal Ontario Museums; BC Ferries and Coast Hotels & Resorts' Coast Sail and...