Driver labor availability declines in October
- You're one hot topic. Longton, Linda // Overdrive;Nov98, Vol. 38 Issue 11, p7
States that driver shortage in the United States has forced carriers to come up with ways to retain its truck drivers. Benefits given to drivers.
- New drivers needed -- or the industry faces a crisis. Gray, Dylan // Commercial Motor;9/6/2007, Vol. 206 Issue 5245, p28
The article talks about the truck driver shortage in Great Britain due to ageing workforce and lack of recruits. Recent Skills for Logistics (SfL) figures show that 14,853 long/light/large goods vehicle (LGV) driver jobs were advertised in June 2007. With 1,882,267 vocational licences in the...
- Driver shortages start to bite. Thornley, Sally // Commercial Motor;11/20/2003, Vol. 198 Issue 5055, p20
Reports on the economic effects of a shortage in truck drivers in Great Britain in 2003. Factors that contribute to the trend; Areas that are affected by the shortage; Impact of the shortage on small and medium-sized road transport operators.
- Daunting Driver Dilemma. // Traffic World;7/4/2005, Vol. 269 Issue 27, p23
Comments on the predominance of driver shortage for truckload carriers in the U.S. Rate of driver shortfall; Factors causing the manpower deficit; Recommendation of solutions to the shortage.
- Think before you grow. Vise, Avery // Commercial Carrier Journal;Mar2004, Vol. 161 Issue 3, p10
Addresses the concern about the shortage of truck drivers in the U.S. as of March 1, 2004. Signs of increased freight demand in 2004; Increase in turnover among linehaul drivers; Deterioration in the quality of drivers.
- Driver shortage expected to keep shrinking. // Bulk Transporter;Apr2005, Vol. 67 Issue 10, p14
Forecasts the impact of strong demands for competing labor on the Driver Labor Index. Decline of the freight growth in 2005; Accumulation of record driver shortages during the past 18 months; Effects of the supply and demand issues in the freight and labor markets on the pool of available...
- Driver shortage means opportunity. Wilson, Charles E. // Modern Bulk Transporter;Apr2004, Vol. 66 Issue 10, p6
Comments on the job opportunities due to driver shortage in tank truck carriers. Rate of drivers needed by truck builder dealers; Issue on the pay levels for company drivers; Recommendations for the improvement of driver conditions.
- Viewpoint. Moss, Stuart // Training Journal;Jan2012, p25
The article discusses the training of truck drivers in Great Britain, looking at requirements for the Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) for both large goods vehicle (LGV) and passenger carrying vehicle (PCV) drivers. The author examines legislative changes which require drivers to...
- Have truck, will travel. Carey, Bill // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);8/1/2005, Vol. 6 Issue 31, p36
Analyzes the real status of long-haul truck drivers shortage in the United States. Information on the results of a study commissioned by the American Trucking Association; Estimate on the total number of long-haul truck drivers in 2004; Projections on the shortage of long-haul truck drivers in...