- STATE of the UNION Slippin' & slidin'. Sturgess, Steve // Diesel;May/Jun2012, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p62
The article focuses on the importance of trailers and their role in the total trucking efficiency, which were discussed during the spring meeting of the Technology and Maintenance Council (TMC) held in Tampa, Florida. It mentions the costs of trailer uplifting with fuel-saving technologies, as...
- Low-cost trailer skirt. // American Trucker;Apr2011, p23
The article offers brief information on the Hybrid TrailerSkirt trailer side skirt from Laydon Composites Ltd.
- Low-cost side skirt. // Fleet Owner;Mar2011, Vol. 106 Issue 3, p16
The article offers brief information on the Hybrid TrailerSkirt from Laydon Composites Ltd.
- fuel efficency: Aerodynamic components. Skydel, Seth // Fleet Equipment;Feb2009, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p25
The article focuses on the companies that offer various trailer add-on devices designed to improve aerodynamic efficiency and fuel economy in the U.S. These manufacturers include Freight Wing Inc., Laydon Composites Ltd., and Fleet Engineers Inc. Information on the U.S. Environmental Protection...
- FIVE FAVORED FUEL-SAVERS. ROBERTS, JACK // Overdrive;Nov2014, Vol. 54 Issue 11, p26
The article features the top five best technologies and vehicle components that help in improving fuel economy based on the survey conducted by the journal as of October 2014. Among the top technologies and components are low-rolling-resistance tires, trailer side skirts, and aluminum wheels....
- Bodies. // Fleet Equipment;Jun2011, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p49
The article offers brief information on various truck products including the HT 250YS trailer suspension from Hendrickson USA LLC, Hybrid TrailerSkirt from Laydon Composites Ltd., and fuel filtration trailer applications from Thermo King Corp.
- Bevy of aerodynamic products for trailers unveiled at TMC. Mele, Jim // Fleet Owner Exclusive Insight;2/21/2012, p13
The article previews several truck fleet products including the "RollTail" aerodynamic rear fairing device from ATDynamics, the "split skirt" configuration for fuel savings from Solus Solutions & Technologies, and the Hybrid 248 side and undercarriage fairing for intermodal trailers from Laydon...
- [What's new in:] Trailer aerodynamics. // Fleet Owner;Jan2014, Vol. 109 Issue 1, p1
The article offers brief information on various aerodynamic equipment for trailers including the Trailerskirt TS225 from Laydon Composites Ltd., the TrailerTail rear drag eliminator from ATDynamics Inc. and the DuraPlate AeroSkirts from Wabash Composites.
- Aerodynamics: Saving fuel with aerodynamic products. CRISSEY, ALEX // Fleet Equipment;Jan2016, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p46
The article features several aerodynamic products of interest to fleet companies in the U.S. It mentions the fuel economy savings obtained by fleets that have adopted aerodynamic solutions, some aerodynamic products for tractors including the AeroKit from FlowBelow that deals with the airflow...