Fatality rate for large trucks falls to all-time low
- The claim game. Perry, Gavin // Commercial Motor;9/13/2012, Vol. 218 Issue 5501, p36
The article examines trends related to accident injury claims and pitfalls experienced by truck haulers in Great Britain. Data from the Actuaries Institute reveals the 18% increase in traffic-related accidents and injuries in 2011. Moreover, the costs associated with the said injuries and the...
- TO THE GRITTER END. // Truck & Driver;Jul2004, p27
This article presents a photograph of a truck. The truck skidded and rolled over twice on the B6270 at Tailbridge Hill, Cumbria in February.
- Cooperation results in Utah having the lowest rate of commercial truck accidents in the U.S. Johnson, Frances // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;3/2/2008, Vol. 37 Issue 36, Special section p4
The article reports on Utah as the state with the lowest rate of commercial truck accidents in the U.S. Rick Clasby, director of the Motor Carrier Division of Utah Trucking Association, Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT) said that this low truck accident is in cooperation of UDOT and the...
- TRUCK FATALITY RATE DROPS. Nicholas, Jess // Overdrive;May2001, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p66
Reports on the decrease of truck fatality in the United States. Statistics on the number of fatality; Number of fatalities in highway crashes; Reports on the factors leading to fatal crashes.
- Movers' miles going up; accidents going down. // Overdrive;Aug97, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p111
Highlights statistical data from the American Movers Conference on the declining number of road accidents in the United States involving moving company fleets in the United States. Increased average mileage of the industry's largest companies; Figures on the industry's decreased road accidents.
- Preventable or not? // Commercial Carrier Journal;Mar2001, Vol. 158 Issue 3, p36
Presents a case study of a truck accident. Events prior to the accident; Cause of the accident; Prevention of such accidents.
- HGV road deaths and casualties fall. // Truck & Driver;Sep2010, p10
The article reports on the 24% reduction in truck-related injuries and deaths in 2009 in Great Britain, as shown in police data.
- Preventable or not: Doe couldn't bank on bank customer. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Nov2010, Vol. 167 Issue 11, p43
The article discusses an accident involving a truck.
- PREVENTABLE OR NOT? // Commercial Carrier Journal;Jul2012, Vol. 169 Issue 7, p100
The article reports on a road accident in 2012 in which a four-wheeler wagon recklessly crashed into a truck's right fender in an intersection which was ruled in the truck's favor because its driver had no time to react and could not possibly have anticipated the wagon's action.