Fatality rate for large trucks falls to all-time low
- The claim game. Perry, Gavin // Commercial Motor;9/13/2012, Vol. 218 Issue 5501, p36
The article examines trends related to accident injury claims and pitfalls experienced by truck haulers in Great Britain. Data from the Actuaries Institute reveals the 18% increase in traffic-related accidents and injuries in 2011. Moreover, the costs associated with the said injuries and the...
- TO THE GRITTER END. // Truck & Driver;Jul2004, p27
This article presents a photograph of a truck. The truck skidded and rolled over twice on the B6270 at Tailbridge Hill, Cumbria in February.
- Cooperation results in Utah having the lowest rate of commercial truck accidents in the U.S. Johnson, Frances // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;3/2/2008, Vol. 37 Issue 36, Special section p4
The article reports on Utah as the state with the lowest rate of commercial truck accidents in the U.S. Rick Clasby, director of the Motor Carrier Division of Utah Trucking Association, Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT) said that this low truck accident is in cooperation of UDOT and the...
- WHAT THE TRUCK? // Ralph;Jul2007, p32
Several photographs of truck accidents are presented.
- Notes on sacrifice. Parker, Wendy // Overdrive;Dec2015, Vol. 55 Issue 12, p4
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of witnessing a truck accident in Kearny, New Jersey.
- Truck-related fatalities decline in 2002. // Modern Bulk Transporter;Jun2003, Vol. 65 Issue 12, p10
Reports on the decline of the number of truck-related highway accident fatalities in the United States during 2002. Estimated number of people who died on highways during the year; Increase in vehicle miles traveled during the period.
- TRUCK FATALITY RATE DROPS. Nicholas, Jess // Overdrive;May2001, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p66
Reports on the decrease of truck fatality in the United States. Statistics on the number of fatality; Number of fatalities in highway crashes; Reports on the factors leading to fatal crashes.
- Accident in Fruitvale. // Grand Saline Sun (TX);12/20/2012, Vol. 115 Issue 51, p6A
The article reports the road accident that occurred due to collapsing of two trucks on the U.S. Route 80, an east-west highway in Fruitvale, Texas.
- Anger misdirected. Skipper, G.C. // Overdrive;Nov94, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p5
Editorial. Focuses on the Parents Against Tired Truckers (PATT), an organization formed by parents and relatives of teenagers who died on the Maine Turnpike in 1993. Proposals on criminal offenses; Punitive damages; Financial issues.