Celadon chairman sees mixed future for trucking with driver shortage
- Work-life issues are key for drivers, panel says. Smallwood, Dean // Commercial Carrier Journal;Jul2006, Vol. 163 Issue 7, p19
Deals with the role of work-life issues in truck driver turnover, according to a panel discussion in the 2006 Spring Symposium of the "Commercial Carrier Journal." Level of labor turnover in the sector; Plan of Marten Transport of Mondovi, Wisconsin to keep drivers closer to home; Impact of the...
- Celadon CEO Sees Peak Shortage. // Traffic World;3/7/2005, Vol. 269 Issue 10, p25
The article reveals that the trucking industry could find itself short of capacity during the peak shipping season in 2005. Stephen Russell, chief executive of the Celadon Group Inc., told that the severe capacity problems seen in 2004 could resurface as early as in spring 2005. U.S. truckload...
- October 30, 2014: Truck drivers still scarce; Celadon makes another buy; former Dallas Cowboy now trucking company owner. Kilcarr, Sean // Fleet Owner Exclusive Insight;10/30/2014, p2
This section offers U.S. transportation news briefs including an award upheld in favor of port truckers for unlawful pay deductions in Oakland, California, the acquisition of the Celadon Group trucking conglomerate by a Pennsylvania motor carrier, and a truck side guard ordinance passed in...
- Truckload driver turnover surges in second quarter. // Bulk Transporter Exclusive Insight;9/13/2012, p4
The article reports on the increase in annualized truckload driver turnover rate during the second quarter of 2012 in the U.S.
- Celadon unveils two new driver initiatives. // Fleet Owner Exclusive Insight;9/18/2015, p1
The article discusses the launch of the WageLock pay program and FleetWire mobile application by trucking conglomerate Celadon Group Inc. in 2015, which aim to offer a better experience for its drivers.
- Celadon likes border plan. O'Malley, Chris // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/22/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 37, p1A
Reports on the pending approval of the permit for trucking company, Celadon Group Inc.'s Mexican unit to carry goods into the United States. Implication of the possible approval of the permit on Celadon's profits; Reasons why federal regulators have put off certification efforts.
- Danger money for truckers. Mullen, Patrick // Commercial Motor;1/13/2011, Vol. 214 Issue 5415, p20
The article discusses issues related to need of drivers for transporting freight over dangerous terrain by international transport companies.
- PICTURE POST. // Truck & Driver;Sep2007, p74
Several photographs of trucks drivers are presented.
- The job-hopping game. Lockridge, Deborah // Overdrive;Oct97, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p40
Focuses on the driver turnover problem in the long-haul trucking industry in the United States. Top reason why drivers change companies; Financial losses of drivers who constantly change companies; Changes in carriers' dispatching system. INSET: Lending an ear..