Alcoa sets record with 4-millionth forging
- New Case Study Condenses Dairy Hauler's 20+ Years Experience with Alcoa Wheels. // Fleet Equipment;Mar2001, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p73
Presents a case study which condensed the experience of Kings County Truck Lines with Alcoa Wheel Products.
- HISTORY IN THE MAKING. // Forging;Mar/Apr2012, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p18
The article discusses the $100-million project of Alcoa Inc. to rebuild the 50,000-ton, 12-storey forging press in Cleveland, Ohio. It states that the company started making plans in the middle of 2009 and conducted engineering analysis to confirm that smaller press can maintain enhanced-duty...
- Alcoa recalls forged aluminum light truck wheels. Stephenson, Stan // Automotive Body Repair News;Aug2003 Supplement, Vol. 42, p16
Reports on the recall of the forged aluminum wheels made by the automobile firm Alcoa Wheel and Forged Products in the U.S. Manufacturing date of the wheels; Wheels included in the recall; Contact information.
- Alcoa Wheel observes 60-year anniversary. // Trailer / Body Builders;May2008, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p11
The article offers information on the 60th anniversary of Cleveland, Ohio-based Alcoa Wheel and Transportation Products in 2008. It notes that the anniversary will run for a week. It recalls that the company paved the way in innovation, growth, technology and sustainability for forged aluminum...
- Alcoa opens European plant. // Concrete Products;Mar1998, Vol. 101 Issue 3, p152
Features the European production plant built by Alcoa Corp. in Szekesfehervar, Hungary to satisfy growing worldwide demand for its aluminum truck wheels. Advantages of the facility for the European markets; Value of the production facility.
- ALCOA AERO INTROS FORGED DOOR STRUCTURE. // Forging;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p6
Reports on Alcoa Aerospace' forged aluminum door skeleton. Features of the forged aluminum door; Application of aluminum door; Alloys used and processes involved in the production of aluminum door.
- BRIEFS. // Advanced Materials & Processes;Jan2007, Vol. 165 Issue 1, p21
The article offers news briefs from materials science industry in the U.S. Alcan Inc., Montreal, Canada, will acquire Penske Composites LLC, a manufacturer of urethane core materials. Alcoa Wheel Products, Cleveland, Ohio, had signed a deal to extend the agreement to supply forged aluminum truck...
- ALCOA FORGED WHEELS PARTNERS WITH SHELBY AUTOMOBILES. // Forging;Nov/Dec2007, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p8
The article focuses on the partnership between Alcoa Inc. and Shelby Automotives Inc. in the U.S. According to the author, Alcoa will be the provider of forged aluminum wheels with Dura-Bright technology surface treatment to Shelby's 2008 Mustang King of the Road (KR) and Super Snake models....
- Alcoa Classics sport a higher load rating. // Refrigerated Transporter;Nov2004, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p62
Reports on the family of wheels called Alcoa Classics launched by Alcoa Wheel and Forged Products to replace standard round hand hole aluminum wheels for medium- and heavy-duty trucking applications.