Fox Cable Will Rise With Turner South Buy
- H'wood premium webs cry a tier. Goyoaga, Beatriz // Variety;05/18/98, Vol. 371 Issue 2, p42
Provides information on the joint plans of Hollywood networks to introduce cable tiering in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Effect of the consolidation plans on cable networks; Tiered package offered by Galaxy Latin America; Plans of MSO Multicanal marketing manager, Carlos Gimenez to launch premium...
- Fox Cable Adds Turner South. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;5/8/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 19, p8
The article focuses on the ownership transfer of Turner South to Fox Cable Networks. Turner South offers sports and entertainment programs such as Atlanta Braves Major League Baseball games, Atlanta Hawks National Basketball Association matchups and Atlanta Thrashers National Hockey League...
- Kabel fills out stable of Teuton cablers. // Daily Variety;4/6/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 2, p11
Reports on Kabel Deutschland's acquisition of three cable television operators in Germany.
- Programmers Position Themselves in Germany. Brockmeyer, Dieter // Multichannel News;09/11/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 37, p56
Reports on the discussion about consolidation trends in the television broadcasting industry in Germany, at the TeleMesse TV convention. New Corp.'s acquisition of shares in KirchPayTV; Television programmers' ProSieben Media AG and SAT.1's merger of their operations as a wholly owned unit of...
- Web wedding OK'd. // Daily Variety;12/10/2001, Vol. 274 Issue 6, p22
Reports the approval given to the planned merger of music television channels Mezzo and Muzzik by European Union authorities.
- Telepiu-Stream diverted. Zecchinelli, Cecilia // Daily Variety;3/4/2002, Vol. 275 Issue 1, p19
Reports the temporary delay of the merger between television networks Telepiu and Stream in Milan, Italy.
- Prophecy fulfilled. // Hispanic;Dec1998, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p14
Addresses the issues posed by the acquisition of Telemundo network by Sony Pictures Entertainment and Liberty Media. Television programs that Telemundo offered in November 1998.
- Telepiu poised to go it alone. Vivarelli, Nick // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;02/19/2002, Vol. 372 Issue 10, p108
Focuses on implications of the acquisition of Stream by Vivendi Universal from News Corp. in Italy. Concern of local producers on the effect of television mergers on the prices of soccer rights; Implications of the consolidation for the investment in the money-losing operation; Effort of...
- CNN, CBS News discuss linking. // Electronic Media;09/28/98, Vol. 17 Issue 40, p1
Reports on CNN and CBS officials' confirmation of the companies' merger negotiations. Benefits of the merger deal for both companies.