- Analysts downgrade Viacom. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;10/05/98, Vol. 17 Issue 41, p18
Presents information on the decline of the stock of Viacom company. Views of Viacom chairman Summer Redstone; Future restructuring plans of the company.
- THE TITANS. // Entertainment Weekly;10/24/2003, Issue 734, p41
Analyzes the stock market performance of several media companies in the U.S. as of October 24, 2003, including Viacom and News Corp.
- Hard-sell Mel dumps shares. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;8/6/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 46, p1
Reports on the shares sold by Viacom Inc. chief operating officer Mel Karmazin of his total holdings. Reaction from Wall Street following the sale; Share price; Speculations on the reason behind Karmazin's decision.
- Viacom to pay another $3 bil in shares buyback. Oppelaar, Justin // Daily Variety;10/11/2002, Vol. 277 Issue 5, p3
Reveals the plans of Viacom to repurchase up to $3 billion of its own common shares. Funding of the buyback with cash from operations.
- Viacom shares down on weak Par results. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;9/23/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 57, p5
Reports on the decline in the shares of Viacom Inc. in the U.S. Factors causing the reduction in the price of the stocks; Percentage on the decline in the shares; Dow Jones Industrial Average.
- Viacom stox hit as forecasts revised. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;3/27/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 59, p14
Reports on the decline in the stock value of Viacom in the U.S. in March 2003. Rate of decline; Impact of U.S.-Iraqi war on the stocks; Projected growth of the company's cash flow in the first quarter.
- B'buster stock up at end of week. Goldsmith, Jill // Variety;08/16/99, Vol. 375 Issue 13, p13
Reports on the success of the first week of stock trading of Blockbuster Inc. on August 13, 1999. Initial stock price; Views of analysts on the stock performance; Shares sold by its rival, Viacom.
- Wall St. slow to celebrate with Viacom. Peers, Martin // Variety;06/15/98, Vol. 371 Issue 6, p118
Focuses on the stock performance of Viacom Incorporated as of June 8, 1998. Projection concerning the possible status of the stocks of Viacom by the end of 1998; Reason for the weak stock performance of the company.
- A rally is no mission impossible for this ailing media giant. Kim, Jeanhee // Money;Mar96, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p72
Reports that Viacom is the stock of the month for March 1996. Turnaround potential as the main reason why this would be a good investment; Box office disappointments from its acquisition, Paramount; Declining profit margins from its Blockbuster Entertainment division; Paramount's planned Summer...