Hurricanes Hit Mediacom's Results
- Weathering The Storm. // Multichannel News;2/27/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p38
Presents information on the challenges faced by Mediacom Communications Corp. before it achieved success in 2006. Customer base lost by the company in 2003; Impact of Hurricane Katrina on the financial performance of the company; Focus of the company on reducing its debt-to-cash flow ratios.
- EchoStar Feels Hurricane Fatigue. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;11/14/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 47, p20
Reports on the financial performance of EchoStar Communications Corp. in the U.S. in the third quarter of 2005. Impact of Hurricane Katrina on the company; Increase in its subscriber acquisition costs; Views of CEO Charlie Ergen on their broadband strategy.
- Daiquiri chain drinks in first post-K revenue lift. Webster, Richard A. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);3/17/2008, Vol. 28 Issue 34, p44
The article reports on the increase in the gross revenue of David Briggs Enterprises in the U.S. in 2007. It is stated that the company's revenue increased for the first time after it was hit by Hurricane Katrina. In 2006, revenue for DBE, which owns 41 daiquiri outlets, fell 3 percent from $49...
- Mediacom Woos Newly Bought Iowa Subs. Estrella, Joe // Multichannel News;8/20/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 34, p14
Reports that Mediacom Communications Corp. has become the top broadband communications systems operator in Iowa. Total number of AT&T Broadband customers acquired by Mediacom; Details regarding the efforts of the company in expanding its telecommunications network; Optimism that the company...
- HCA doesn't hit expectations. Galloro, Vince // Modern Healthcare;10/17/2005, Vol. 35 Issue 42, p4
Reports on the decline in profit posted by HCA in the wake of Hurricanes Katrina and Rita in the U.S. as of September 30, 2005. Possible factors that contribute to the company's failure to meet its projected profits; Plan of the company to conduct a stock buyback program to recover its stock price.
- Plastics, Oil and Gas Lift BASF's Earnings. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;11/9/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 37, p18
Reports on the increase in profits posted by BASF in the third quarter of 2005. Factors that contributed to the positive financial performance of the company; Impact of hurricanes Katrina and Rita on the company's chemical operations; Decline in the third-quarter net profits of Ciba Specialty...
- Berkshire Hathaway well-positioned to absorb huge cat losses: Buffett. Hofmann, Mark A. // Business Insurance;5/15/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 20, p4
The article reports on the capability of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. to pay losses stemming from a catastrophic events four times the size of the 2005 Hurricane Katrina according to chairman Warren Buffet. The assessment of Buffet was based on the results of the company's financial performance for...
- Service companies gush profits in rig rental race. Penix, Matthew // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);4/2/2007, Vol. 27 Issue 37, p6
The article reports that most service companies in the U.S. posted record gains and profits following Hurricane Katrina. The fierce competition by oil companies to ply the Gulf of Mexico's deepest waters has enabled companies supplying the drilling equipment to reap record profits. High demand...
- Mediacom gets Excited@Home. Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;01/01/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 1, p49
Reports that Mediacom Communications Corp. has tapped Excite@Home Inc. to take over its broadband customers in the United States. Total number of broadband customers covered by the deal between the companies; Terms of agreement.