That's the Ticket -- Again
- Fox's sporting chance. Schlosser, Joe // Broadcasting & Cable;07/12/99, Vol. 129 Issue 29, p23
Focuses on United States-based sports cable television network Fox Sports Net. Network as subsidiary of News Corp.; Network's goal of competing with and surpassing rival ESPN.
- Playing it straight. Elkin, Seth // Sporting News;6/30/2006, Vol. 230 Issue 26, p3
The article reports that FOX Sports Net starts taking on ESPN's SportsCenter with the premiere of its nightly news show, FSN Final Score. FSN promises a highlights-driven program with a rotating group of anchors. Final Score plans to place the emphasis on the news. However, whether the...
- Athletes keep doping, but the backdrop stays clean. Douglas, Torin // Marketing Week;8/26/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 35, p19
Reports on the media coverage of Great Britain on the 2004 Greece Olympics. Absence of advertisements on the live broadcast coverage of the games; Consideration of the Olympics as logo-free; Presentation of companies who have paid millions just to link their names to the Olympic ring.
- Revved up over what's on the box. // Autosport;8/22/2013, p101
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of buying a smart television (TV) with a BT Sport subscription.
- Fox Midwest Drops Were Short Lived. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;10/21/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 42, p12
Focuses on the temporary pull-out of Fox Sports Midwest from cable systems in the U.S. Dispute over rate increase; Failure to reach contractual terms; Details of the conflict.
- Fox sports adds news shows. Umstead // Multichannel News;01/10/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p58
Reports that Fox Sports Net regional networks will produce and distribute local sport-news shows. Schedule of the shows; Use of local hosts; Production of the shows; Importance of local shows in differentiating Fox from other channels.
- Fox Sports Net Shifts Local-News Telecasts. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;04/09/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 15, p20
Reports on a revised scheduling format to be implemented by Fox Sports Net in April 2001. Goal of accentuating affiliates' regional appeal; How the show 'Regional Sports Report' incorporates the regional sports network's name and the phrase 'Sports Report'; Strategy of improving the consumer's...
- STATIC. // Sporting News;04/09/2001, Vol. 225 Issue 15, p9
Reports on developments in television coverage of sports in the United States as of April 9, 2001 such as Fox Sports Net's schedule viewed as the best counter-programming possible.
- Fox Sports opens a local office. // Indianapolis Business Journal;06/02/97, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p10A
Reports that cable television network Fox Sports Midwest has opened an office in Indianapolis, Indiana, to expand its advertising base. Contract with the basketball team, Indiana Pacers; Concentration on Market Square Arena.