Fox News Lends a Hand to New Broadcast Sibling
- On the Air. Rice, Lynette; Keck, William // Entertainment Weekly;4/4/2003, Issue 703, p90
Provides updates in television industry as of April 2003, including the reality show of singers and couple, Nick Lachey and Jessica Simpson.
- Reality changes the rules. Adalian, Josef; Schneider, Michael // Variety;3/3/2003, Vol. 390 Issue 3, p35
Reports on trends in television broadcasting in the U.S. as of March 3, 2003. Popularity of reality television shows; Audience reception to scripted shows; Impact of the success of reality television shows on the industry. INSETS: UPDATE;KEEPING IT REAL.
- Nets Could Use a Reality Check. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/24/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 8, p56
Editorial. Focuses on the increased trend of television broadcasting networks in the U.S. to re-telecast reality shows that were successful in their first telecast. Reference to the market situation of the magazine 'Dateline'; Predictions about the condition of television broadcasting industry.
- Reality Check: Upfront Upside. Friedman, Wayne // Television Week;4/21/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p6
Focuses on the U.S. television advertising market. Forecast on the growth of overall revenue; Factors that influenced the upfront; Effects of reality television shows on the market.
- Reality makes cablers rerun-away. Dempsey, John // Variety;3/3/2003, Vol. 390 Issue 3, p36
Looks at the competition between cable networks and the television industry in the U.S. as of March 3, 2003. Strategies of cable channels to attract viewers; Success of reality television programs and their impact on cable programming; Outlook of cable executives on the life span of reality...
- Reality has bitten--what's next? // Televisual;Nov2004, p11
Comments on the growth of factual reality series in Great Britain. Identification of possible content and genres in major pitches; Interaction of the public with reality TV shows; Benefit of controlled reality for producers.
- Reality Check. Struck, Jane // Today's Christian Woman;May/Jun2003, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p4
The article presents views of the author on reality television shows in the U.S.
- Plethora of players set for midseason rollout. Adalian, Josef // Variety;1/6/2003, Vol. 389 Issue 7, p8
Presents information on several television (TV) series to be launched during the first week of 2003 in the U.S. Reason for launching the programs in January; Examples of limited-run reality TV shows.
- Midseason Mediocrity. Berman, Marc // MediaWeek;1/3/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p22
Reports on the television programs to be shown in the U.S. in 2005. Increase in the number of reality shows; Reality shows of the stations NBC, ABC and Fox; List of comedy programs planned for the 2005 midseason.