Fox News Lends a Hand to New Broadcast Sibling
- On the Air. Rice, Lynette; Keck, William // Entertainment Weekly;4/4/2003, Issue 703, p90
Provides updates in television industry as of April 2003, including the reality show of singers and couple, Nick Lachey and Jessica Simpson.
- Nets Could Use a Reality Check. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/24/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 8, p56
Editorial. Focuses on the increased trend of television broadcasting networks in the U.S. to re-telecast reality shows that were successful in their first telecast. Reference to the market situation of the magazine 'Dateline'; Predictions about the condition of television broadcasting industry.
- Reality changes the rules. Adalian, Josef; Schneider, Michael // Variety;3/3/2003, Vol. 390 Issue 3, p35
Reports on trends in television broadcasting in the U.S. as of March 3, 2003. Popularity of reality television shows; Audience reception to scripted shows; Impact of the success of reality television shows on the industry. INSETS: UPDATE;KEEPING IT REAL.
- Reality Check: Upfront Upside. Friedman, Wayne // Television Week;4/21/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p6
Focuses on the U.S. television advertising market. Forecast on the growth of overall revenue; Factors that influenced the upfront; Effects of reality television shows on the market.
- Reality makes cablers rerun-away. Dempsey, John // Variety;3/3/2003, Vol. 390 Issue 3, p36
Looks at the competition between cable networks and the television industry in the U.S. as of March 3, 2003. Strategies of cable channels to attract viewers; Success of reality television programs and their impact on cable programming; Outlook of cable executives on the life span of reality...
- Reality has bitten--what's next? // Televisual;Nov2004, p11
Comments on the growth of factual reality series in Great Britain. Identification of possible content and genres in major pitches; Interaction of the public with reality TV shows; Benefit of controlled reality for producers.
- Reality Check. Struck, Jane // Today's Christian Woman;May/Jun2003, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p4
The article presents views of the author on reality television shows in the U.S.
- Plethora of players set for midseason rollout. Adalian, Josef // Variety;1/6/2003, Vol. 389 Issue 7, p8
Presents information on several television (TV) series to be launched during the first week of 2003 in the U.S. Reason for launching the programs in January; Examples of limited-run reality TV shows.
- Nets Deviate From the Fall-Launch Standard. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;2/10/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 6, p12
Reports on changes in rules for launch of additional television programs by television networks, which launch them whenever they feel those programs will succeed, as of February 2003. Reason for changes in schedule of networks to launch television programs; Season preferred by networks to...