Originals With Urban Appeal
- AOL Backs Cartoon's 'Samurai Jack' Premiere. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;7/23/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 30, p78
Reports that America Online will back Cartoon Network's 'Samurai Jack' television series. Storyline; Promotion strategy of America Online for the television series.
- Modelos de gestiÃ³n de conflictos en serie de ficciÃ³n televisiva. Navarro-Abal, Yolanda; Climent-Rodríguez, José Antonio; Fernández-Garrido, Julio // Psychological Writings / Escritos de PsicologÃa;sep-dic2012, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p52
Television fiction series sometimes generate an unreal vision of life, especially among young people, becoming a mirror in which they can see themselves reflected. The series become models of values, attitudes, skills and behaviours that tend to be imitated by some viewers. The aim of this study...
- Original cable series try to make the grade. Chunovic, Louis // Electronic Media;4/1/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 13, p6
Compares the ratings of several original cable series in the U.S. Role of serials in the growth of cable networks; Focus on the serials 'The Osbournes' on MTV and 'The Shield' on FX; Statistics depicting ratings of the serials.
- ABC wins February. Ryan, Leslie // Electronic Media;03/06/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p1
Provides updates in the television broadcasting industry as of March 2000. Growth in network show ratings of ABC Entertainment; Criticism of other networks on the length of airing time of the television program `Who Wants to Be a Millionaire' by ABC; Premiere of the midseason series `Falcone'...
- Now for some original ideas. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;1/14/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 2, p35
Focuses on the plans of cable networks to concentrate on scripted drama series in the United States. Impact of drama series on television ratings; Comparison between the costs of drama series and non-scripted shows; Details on the all original series to be launched by cable networks.
- Clearing out the deadwood. Freeman, Mike // MediaWeek;6/13/94, Vol. 4 Issue 24, p6
Reports on the performance of several television series in the 1994 fourth quarter in the United States. Cancellation of the talk show `The Bertice Berry Show'; Weak ratings of `The Untouchables,' `Cobra' and `Acapulco H.E.A.T.'
- HIT and RERUN. Tucker, Ken // Entertainment Weekly;7/25/2003, Issue 720, p40
Deals with the popularity of cable television series reruns in the U.S.
- N.Y. NETS TO AIR PALEY PERFS. Thielman, Sam // Daily Variety;9/23/2010, Vol. 308 Issue 57, p4
The article reports on the initiative of the television stations WLIW and WNET to broadcast the series "At the Paley Center" hosted by chief executive officer (CEO) Pat Mitchell of the Paley Center for Media in New York.
- Walking with Dinosaurs. Jarrett, George // IBE: International Broadcast Engineer;Mar2000, Issue 305, p10
Features the success of `Walking with Dinosaurs,' a television series on dinosaurs produced by Tim Haines and aired in the British Broadcasting Channel in Europe. Project cost and revenues generated by the series; Contribution of several broadcasting firms developing visual film animation;...