- Wi-Fi component becoming integral piece of mobile chips. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;11/22/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 47, p3
Reports on the popularity of the Wireless Fidelity (Wi-Fi) feature among cellular telephone manufacturers, as of November 2004. Attributions to the trend; Benefits of the technology; Companies offering cellular telephones equipped with Wi-Fi feature.
- Wi-Fi/Cell Buzz Revs Up. Brown, Karen // Wireless Week;12/15/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 25, p26
Focuses on the introduction of handsets and systems that offered cellular and wireless fidelity capabilities in one cellular handset in the U.S. in 2004. Target customer of the cellular handsets; Handset manufacturers that are developing handsets which combine various wireless technologies.
- A Hard Cell? Waller, Joe // Conde Nast Traveler;May2004, Vol. 39 Issue 5, pB6
Assesses the capability of cellular telephone network technology to connect to the Internet. Features of the technology; Advantages provided by the technology to travelers; Comparison with Wi-Fi.
- Enterprise To Drive Dual-Mode Cellular/Voice Over Wi-Fi Handsets. // Microwaves & RF;May2004, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p26
Focuses on the factors behind an expected popularity of the dual-mode cellular and voice over wireless-fidelity (Wi-Fi) handsets in the U.S. by 2009. Reasons behind the practicality for office users to continue the use of their cellular telephones rather than switching to the enterprise...
- Mobile Telephony: Effects On People And Place. Kellerman, Aharon // Geodate;Aug2009, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p6
The article focuses on mobile phones and computer wireless communications (Wi-Fi), two widely used wireless communication technologies that permit fast interpersonal transmissions for both business and pleasure. The added functions of a mobile phone in diversified communications and...
- WHAT'S THE RIGHT ANSWER? // Men's Health;Mar2006, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p74
The article presents brief information on several smartphones available in the market as of March 2006. BlackBerry 8700C is still a business-first device. HP iPAQ hw6900 includes wireless fidelity, Bluetooth and global positioning systems for turn-by-turn directions. The Nokia E61 smartphone, on...
- Cell Phones Say Hi to Wi-Fi. Roush, Wade // Technology Review;May2006, Vol. 109 Issue 2, p26
The article reports on a line of cellular phones unveiled by BridgePort Networks in 2006 that carry both a standard cellular radio and a Wi-Fi radio. This combination could mean cellular phones that never drop calls inside buildings, where Wi-Fi is the cheaper and more reliable system. The...
- Opportunity NOCs. Vittore, Vince // Wireless Review;Mar2005, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p26
Discusses the changes occurred in the wireless industry in 2005. Use of wireless network operations centers by telecommunication carriers; Link between the network elements and services; Effect of the emergence of converged services that blend pieces of wireline and wireless networks on the...
- Cellular & Wi-Fi: A Tumultuous Marriage? Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;4/15/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p16
Discusses the integration of cellular telecommunications and wireless fidelity (Wi-Fi). Strategies adopted by wireless carriers in the U.S. to provide Wi-Fi hot spot to their subscribers; Concerns regarding third generation data pricing plans, as of April 2005; Number of Wi-Fi hot spots that...