- Ops get 'digi'. // CED;Oct2010, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p6
The article reports on the launching of digital consumer-inspired services by the cable industry including the SMS text messaging called Comcast4U to provide subscribers the updates on television shows in Comcant's hometown in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and northern Delaware.
- Dysfunctional doesn't even begin to cover it. Shales, Tom // Electronic Media;02/12/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p4
Presents an evaluation of the digital media technology. Criticisms on the cellular phone technology; Views on cable subscriptions; Comments on the cable programming of Turner Classic Movies.
- Reading List. // CableFAX Daily;2/13/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 29, p3
Presents updates on issues related to the cable industry in the U.S. as of February 13, 2006. Talks betweem AT&T and Nickelodeon about a cellular telephone service for preteens; Negotiation between MTV chief digital officer Jason Hirshhorn with Verizon and BestBuy regarding the use of MTV shows...
- VOLUME CONTROL. // Multichannel News;4/2/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 14, p12
The article presents readers' opinion on Sprint Nextel Corp.'s Pivot telephone and cable television broadcasting service in the U.S. One reader describes Pivot as a service that manages to put telephone, cable, broadband and wireless phone services all together in one bill. Another reader...
- Sprint PCS may drop WAP-based text messaging. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;2/24/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p3
Reports on the plan of Sprint PCS to change its wireless application protocol-based text messaging technology. Reasons for the move; Services offered by Sprint; Growth of text messaging in the U.S.
- Co-Op, Spring Talk Resale. Steinert-Threlkeld, Tom // Multichannel News;8/6/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 31, p4
The article reports that the National Cable Television Cooperative Inc. (NCTC) held "exploratory discussions" with the cellular telephony operations of U.S.-based Sprint Nextel Corp. The talks are one of the ways the NCTC is using to find a way to help small and midsized cable operators offer...
- CABLERS WIRED FOR MOBILE. Zeitchik, Steven // Daily Variety;11/3/2005, Vol. 289 Issue 24, p21
Reports on the disclosure of a deal among cable operators that aims to bring live television to cellular telephones in the U.S. Move of the operators of allocating funds for the said project; Offer of Sprint Corp. of a wide network of customers outside the existing base and the possibility of...
- Screen-to-Screen Marketing. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;1/23/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p22
The article focuses on the text messaging marketing concept devised by Mobile Accord Inc. for the cable television sector in the U.S. Q Television Network (QTN) will introduce the technology at the Sundance Film Festival to be held on January 19-29, 2006. According to QTN vice president of sales...
- Off-Portal Provisioning. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;3/15/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p26
Focuses on off-portal positioning of several entertainment brands in the U.S. in 2006. Plans of Fox Mobile to sell branded content from its brands; Use of short messaging system as a mode of delivery of off-portal content; Efforts of cable networks to sell mobile content.