Motorola Hangs Up on Ojo Distribution Agreement
- Videophones Get Broadband Upgrade. Scoblete, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;5/17/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p32
During the 2004 National Cable and Telecommunications Association show in New Orleans, Motorola and WorldGate Communications announced an exclusive multi-year agreement for the development and distribution of WorldGates's Ojo personal video phone, which combines voice-over-Internet-protocol...
- Earnings. // CableFAX Daily;4/3/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 63, p3
Reports that WorldGate Communications Inc. bought back Ojo video phones from Motorola Inc. Value of the transaction; Reason behind WorldGate's decision to bought back Ojo; Earnings from the transaction.
- WorldGate, Motorola hang up videophone partnership. // CED;Apr2006, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p10
The article reports on the breakup of the broadband videophone agreement between WorldGate Communications Inc. and Motorola Inc. The original agreement in May 2004 centers on the sales, marketing and distribution of Ojo and other video telephony products. WorldGate plans to maintain the Ojo...
- Shadow Boxer. // CableFAX Daily;3/14/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 49, p2
Reports on the business activities of WorldGate as of March 2006. Launch of a lower-cost version of its personal videophone dubbed the Ojo Shadow; Decrease in the prices of WorldGate's full-featured Ojo; Announcement made by WorldGate and Motorola regarding their proposed partnership.
- Motorola sets stake in Internet TV. Levine, Shira // Telephony;01/27/97, Vol. 232 Issue 4, p13
Reports that Motorola has invested in an equity stake in Internet television service provider WorldGate Communications. Ability to deliver data services over hybrid fiber/coax plants; Benefits to consumers; Other investors in WorldGate.
- Motorola secures 'Ojo' retail partners. // CED;Aug2005, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p12
Reports that more than 200 retail locations in the United States are selling Motorola Inc.'s "Ojo," a broadband video-phone. Marketing in partnership with WorldGate Communications; Retail beachheads with Tweeter Home Entertainment, Magnolia Audio Video and Harvey Electronics.
- WorldGate Eyes Videophone's Future. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;4/25/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 17, p28
Features the Ojo video telephone from Worldgate Communications Corp. Television programs where the product has been featured; Remarks from company CEO Hal Krisbergh regarding the use of the product in some television shows; Product price.
- Videophone Gambit Could Be Tough Call. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;8/18/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 33, p19
Deals with the plan of WorldGate Communications Inc. to focus on videophone technology and services. Reason behind the shift; Views on videophone technology; Features of the Viseon video telephone.
- Video Phones Revisited. Weinschenk, Carl // Communications Technology;Nov2003, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p12
Reports on the preparations of Viseon and WorldGate Communications for its video phone gear products, as of November 2003. Overview on the Ojo personal video phone of WorldGate; Creation of smaller pixels through the H.264 video compression algorithm; Shift of Viseon from H.323 multimedia...