BET Retunes Its Spinoff Jazz Channel
- HSN, BET pulling plug on venture. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/19/1996, Vol. 172 Issue 56, p2
Reports on the cancellation of BET Shop, a home shopping program targeting black consumers. Joint venture with Home Shopping Network (HSN) and Black Entertainment Television; Premiere of show on BET network in September 1994; Dearth of available cable channels; Kinds of items sold through BET Shop.
- HSN, BET slate shopping program targeting blacks. Edelson, Sharon // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/20/1994, Vol. 168 Issue 13, p17
Reports on the launching of a home shopping program called `BET Shop' by Home Shopping Network and BET cable television network. Featured range of products for African-Americans; Black people as consumers; Program as a test that could lead to a BET/HSN black-oriented shopping network.
- Multicultural Before Midnight. // Multichannel News;8/27/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 33, p32
The article reports on the move of FX and Black Entertainment Television LLC to launch their respective shows "Totally Biased With W. Kamau Bell," and "Don't Sleep," which aim to fill the void for topical entertainment of the African American demographics in the U.S.
- VH1, BET to Produce Drama Pilot. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;2/19/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p36
The article discusses the development of one-hour scripted drama series entitled "Wifey" by cable television network Black Entertainment Television (BET) Inc. and VH1 in the U.S. The drama would be starred by actress and rap artist Queen Latifah and will explore music and pop culture. According...
- Black Entertainment TV opens up Shop. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;7/25/94, Vol. 124 Issue 30, p22
Reports on Black Entertainment Television's (BET) and Home Shopping Network's (HSN) debut of the cable television network BET Shop, a home shopping service aimed at African Americans. Schedule of BET Shop programming; Impediment to launching BET Shop as full-time network; Planned network BET on...
- Multicultural Immersion. UMSTEAD, R. THOMAS // Multichannel News;5/5/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 18, p10
The article reports on how networks and content providers have turned to shows in the drama category featuring multi-ethnic casts to attract multi-cultural viewers. Shows discussed include Black Entertainment Television's (BET "Being Mary Jane", Oprah Winfrey Network's (OWN) "The Haves and the...
- the new BET. Deggans, Eric // Ebony;Oct2007, Vol. 62 Issue 12, p216
The article reports on the business plans of the cable network Black Entertainment Television (BET). By the end of the season for 2007, NET will launch new and original songs, including an animated sketch comedy series, a court show and a singing reality contest among others. The controversies...
- Upfronts. // CableFAX Daily;4/24/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 79, p2
Reports that Black Entertainment Television (BET) hosts its first primetime upfront event on April 24, 2006, announcing 8 new original shows. Comments given by Louis Carr, president of BET ad media sales, on the shows; Complaint of some buyers against the network.
- BET NETWORKS LAUNCHES BET IN AFRICA ON MULTIPLE PLATFORMS. // Telephone IP News;Jan2009, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p3
The article reports on the launch of the cable service called BET by BET Networks in 29 countries in sub-Saharan Africa in January 2009. As stated, the service will be available via DStv's Premium and Compact platforms, and will offer African consumers access to the network's top-rated shows...