'Independent Spirits' Spread Beyond IFC
- New tube players back in the Golden limelight. Rice, Jerry // Daily Variety;1/11/2002, Vol. 274 Issue 29, p13
Focuses on the television programs nominated in the 2001 Golden Globe Awards. Competition for the best actor and actress in a miniseries or motion picture made for television; Praise won by the members of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association for recognizing 'Alias' and '24'; Difficulty in...
- BAFTA to change awards ceremonies. // Image Technology;Jun1997, Vol. 79 Issue 6, p14
The article reports that the British Academy of Film and Television Arts in Great Britain will be making changes in its awards ceremonies. The Film Awards ceremony and the Television Awards ceremony will become two separate occasions. At each one crafts-people will join production colleagues on...
- Mob family sweetens TV deal. O'Neil // Daily Variety;01/14/2000 Spotlight: Golden Globes, Vol. 266 Issue 29, p16
Reports on the television programs in the United States nominated for the 2000 Golden Globe Awards. Award categories; Patterns in the Hollywood Foreign Press Association's selection of winners; Response of voters to television shows catering to teenage viewers.
- DIARY. // Televisual;Jan2004, p47
Presents a calendar of events concerning the television, commercial films and movie production industry in Great Britain for January 22-October 15, 2004. Industry-related conference to be held in London, England; RTS North-east Awards; Imagina; Animated Exeter; VideoForum 2004 conference;...
- Femme org sets honorees. Thielman, Sam // Daily Variety;10/22/2008, Vol. 301 Issue 13, p2
The article offers information about the 28th annual Muse Awards by the New York Women in Film and Television slated on December 9, 2008 at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel. The awards presentation will feature nominees Laura Linney, Kyra Sedgwick, Nickelodeon president Cyma Zarghami and advertising...
- SHORT TAKES. // Daily Variety;4/10/2003, Vol. 279 Issue 4, p22
Reports developments in the film and television industry in the U.S. as of April 2003. Acceptance of entries for the interactive television Emmys organized by the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences; Release of the 'Bob Hope DVD Tribute Collection' under Universal Home Video.
- NBC tops in Globe nominations. Schneider, Mike // Electronic Media;12/21/98, Vol. 17 Issue 52, p14
Lists nominees for the major television categories at the 1999 Golden Globe Awards. Programs with the most nominations; Emergence of NBC Inc. as the network with the most nominations.
- Kodak Honours BAFTA Nominees. // BKSTS Journal;May1984, Vol. 66 Issue 5, p256
The article presents photographs at Eastman Kodak dinner to honor the BAFTA nominees for film and television craft awards.
- Macy double winner at Satellite kudos. Feiwell, Jill // Daily Variety;01/18/2000, Vol. 266 Issue 32, p15
Features the winners in the film and television categories of the 4th annual Golden Satellite Awards held at the Beverly Hills Hotel in Hollywood, California on January 16, 2000. Motion pictures `Sleepy Hollow' and `The Insider'; Television programs `Action' and `The West Wing'; Awards garnered...