DirecTV's Double Take
- Dishing out broadband access in Europe. Baugh, Christopher // Satellite Broadband;Nov2001, Vol. 2 Issue 11, p44
Provides information on satellite-based consumer broadband access and Internet services in Europe. Forecast on the growth of European consumer satellite access market; Basis of forecast on the growth of consumer satellite access market.
- High hopes. Williamson // Global Telephony;Dec99/Jan2000, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p34
Focuses on the growing use of artificial satellites in telecommunication as exemplified by its application for broadband communication and Internet service. Advantages of satellites in providing broadband communication and Internet service; Features of satellites to provide several lines of...
- The heat is on. Kay, Edward I. // Satellite Communications;Nov98, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p43
Discusses how satellite communications systems have spurred growth in the Internet. Role in dissemination and retrieval of wideband services; Offerings to pave the way to overcome limitations of competing mediums; Projected growth in user population of Internet access devices; Convergence of...
- How satellites got their groove back. Cosper, Amy C. // Satellite Communications;Dec99, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p6
Comments on the World Telecom 1999. Focus of the conference on the Internet; Description of the booths; Topics discussed at the conference; Satellite broadband highlights at the conference.
- Satellite Internet: Wireless medium looks for a niche. Chidi, George // Network World;6/25/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 26, p34
Examines the prospects for satellite based Internet services. Plans of space companies to launch satellites and beam the Internet at broadband speed to waiting receivers; Competitors; Technology issues; Provisioning issues.
- Satellite broadband for the Mac. Noble, Steven // Macworld;Jul2002, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p026
Reports on the satellite broadband Internet access for Mac computers from Hotkey Internet Services. Components of Hotkey's JetConnect system; Costs of the services.
- Satellite dish offers isolated farm broadband alternative. Ashbridge, Ian; Harris, Robert // Farmers Weekly;2/6/2004, Vol. 140 Issue 6, p24
Focuses on the benefits of a high-speed Internet connection through an ordinary TV satellite dish for farms where broadband connection is not available. Comments from farmer Edward Rice; Description of how Rice uses the Internet; Cost of the service.
- Orbiting Wall Street. Careless, James // Satellite News;2/27/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p8
The article offers satellite-related news as of February 2006. The opinion of Morgan Stanley Equity Research on the stock of Eutelsat is presented. The speculation on the terrestrial wireless broadband service that will be launched by DirecTV and Echostar Communications Corp. is also discussed.
- Satellite Breakout. Poe, Robert // America's Network;3/1/2005, Vol. 109 Issue 3, p22
This article looks into the prospects for satellite broadband technology. The year 2005 is expected to be the year that sees demand for fast data communications by satellite start to take off. Northern Sky Research projects that the global market for broadband services will increase. It singles...