- Cycling Geek. // FoodService Director;9/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p32
The article features Russ Meyer, director of dining services at the University of Nevada at Reno in Nevada. Meter opted to go cycling after tearing his tendon for being a runner. He decided to bike from Reno to San Jose, California, to raise funds for the Clark DeHaven scholarship. He sees...
- Nevada-Reno Goes into Farm Business. // FoodService Director;6/15/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p14
The article reports that the University of Nevada at Reno has launched High Desert Farming Initiative that aims to grow its own produce to benefit the university's dining services.
- KEEPING IN STEP WITH STUDENTS: Univ. of Nevada brand swap to boost burger, coffee sales. // FoodService Director;9/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p5
Reports on the opening of Coyote Jack's fastfood chain at the University of Nevada-Reno. List of menu items offered; Features of North Side Cafe which the university will open in fall 2001.
- AT UNIV. OF NEVADA-RENO: Liaison maintains vision of contract f/s program. Bond, Marian // FoodService Director;09/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p42
Offers a look at the food service operation of Chartwells at the University of Nevada in Reno. Enhancements in the food service; Kinds of foods served; Remarks from the director of dining and conference services.
- By Year End 2000: U. of Nevada Launches $500,000 Remodel Plan. // FoodService Director;08/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p22
Deals with the implementation of Chartwells' Profiles in Good Taste food service program at the University of Nevada in Reno. Explanations from Russ Meyer, director of dining and conference services; Estimated cost of the foodcourt renovations; Issue on prices.
- Sales `hopping' at Univ. Nevada-Reno. // FoodService Director;07/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p22
Reports on the problem faced by the Taco Bell Express branch on the campus of the University of Nevada-Reno with traffic-flow. Average sales by the unit; Consumers lost by the unit due to traffic-low problems.
- We're Number One! Wheeler, Debora Ligaya; Murarik, Thomas; Flint, Kevin; Fuerst, Brad // Backpacker;Jan2017, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p8
The article presents views of readers on the universities near hiking places in the U.S. including Western Washington University, the University of Tennessee and the University of Nevada in Reno, Nevada.
- Nevada University System Set to Sell $31M for Fire Academy. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;1/22/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31308, p4
Reports on the plans of University of Nevada in Reno, Nevada to reopen its fire science academy by selling $31 million in revenue bonds. Training facilities available at the academy; Reasons cited for the closure of academy in July 2000; Ratings of the bonds by credit rating companies.
- College Gold Diggers. Schwarz, Alan; Williams, Timothy; Brown, Robbie; Severson, Kim; Bhanoo, Sindya N.; McKinley, Jesse; Medina, Jennifer; Majerol, Veronica // New York Times Upfront;5/9/2011, Vol. 143 Issue 14, p4
The article discusses events at the University of Nevada in Reno, Nevada that include mining engineering students as contestants in the Intercollegiate Mining Competition who will reenact mining techniques of the 18th and 19th centuries as those used during the 1840s California Gold Rush.