Hofstra Univ. adds to menu, prevents boredom
- First College Campus California Pizza Kitchen Opens at Hofstra. // FoodService Director;11/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p9
This article reports on the opening of the first California Pizza Kitchen (CPK) Express on a college campus at Hofstra University's Student Center Atrium in Hempstead, New York. Some of the food included in a CPK menu are pizza, pasta, salad and sandwiches. There are options for students to...
- THINKING OUTSIDE THE BUN: PRETZEL, SMOOTHIE CONCEPTS JOIN HOFSTRA UNIV.'S CAFE. // FoodService Director;1/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p8
Reports that Hofstra University in Hempstead, New York has doubled sales in its Student Center Cafe with a servery renovation. Food stations at the cafe; Increase in the number of weekly customer counts; Reason for the increase in the number of customers.
- Hofstra increases food brand counts. // FoodService Director;11/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p5
Informs that Hempstead, New York-based Hofstra University has expanded foodservice options and added more branding to the mix. Lackmann Food Service's attempt to enhance the dining experience; Extended hours of operations; Cafe on the Green; Make-your-own waffle station; Weight Watchers' lite...
- Leveraging a Comfort Food Favorite. // Food Management;Aug2010, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p36
The article offers information about the Le Mac menu offered by Aramark at the University of Delaware, which won the Best Station Concept award.
- A Retail State of Mind. Ramsey, Lindsey // FoodService Director;3/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p48
The article focuses on the use of retail marketing by U.S. foodservice operators to attract customers. Illy coffee bar in the New York Times Building used several promotions including offering a free cup of Illy drip coffee to customers on opening day. A Top 5 Reasons For Commuters to Eat On...
- Hofstra University reopens fine-dining venue. // Nation's Restaurant News;2/25/2008, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p40
The article reports on the highlights of the re-opening of the University Club, a fine-dining venue at the Hofstra University in Hempstead, New York. Foodservice provider Lackmann Culinary Services hosted the event which featured live entertainment. Several dishes served during the event include...
- 'Cool and Crazy.'. Stephenson, Susie // FoodService Director;11/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p26
Provides information on a servery called Ro*Tiki at the Vanderbilt University. Background on the establishment of the servery; Dishes served; Difference of its ordering system from other on-line food ordering systems.
- Latino Fare with Flair. Kiernan, Willie // FoodService Director;3/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p38
The article focuses on the Latino-laden menu offered at Barry University in Miami Shores, Florida. Manager Pierre Sierralta said that they have 35 to 40 Latin-influenced dishes that they offer pretty much on a daily basis due to diverse student population. He noted that the Cuban mojo-marinated...
- Colored Stickers ID Diet Fare at Ball State. // Food Management;Nov2004, Vol. 39 Issue 12, p18
The article reports that Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana has come up with a simple color-coded sticker system to identify menu choices that conform to different diet regimens, in order to help students negotiate the wide range of choices they face in the university's residence dining...