Behind the Scenes emerges
- The Winning Look. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;WWD BeautyBiz, p70
The article describes the hairstyles of several athletes who participated in the 2006 Olympics in Torino, Italy. The athletes featured include Shaun White, Ted Ligety, Evan Lysacek, Joey Cheek and Toby Dawson.
- Year in Review. // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;1/8/2007, Vol. 69 Issue 12, p8
A quiz concerning the various news published in the issue including the 2006 Winter Olympics is presented.
- 2006 WINTER OLYMPIC GAMES. Fanning, Karen // Junior Scholastic;2/6/2006, Vol. 108 Issue 12, p6
The article presents information on discussion with some of the U.S. athletes participating in the 2006 Winter Olympics.
- Swede Success. Farber, Michael // Sports Illustrated;3/6/2006, Vol. 104 Issue 10, p46
This article discusses the Olympic hockey tournament and in particular the game for the gold medal between Norway and Finland. The real story to this game was the way both teams got to the final. The Finns were undermanned but played impeccably for seven games and Norway had lost its last game...
- MIND GAMES. McCormack, Fiona // Scholastic Scope;1/23/2006, Vol. 54 Issue 10, p14
The article presents information on mental and physical preparedness of the athletes participating in 2006 Winter Olympics in Italy.
- OLYMPIC CHALLENGE. // Scholastic Scope;1/23/2006, Vol. 54 Issue 10, p17
The article presents a comprehensive test paper related to handling of psychological pressure by the athletes participating in Winter Olympics 2006.
- Fiat, Google team up for online Games contest. Wentz, Laurel // Advertising Age;2/13/2006, Vol. 77 Issue 7, p23
The article reports on the online Sedici Contest held during the 2006 Olympic Games in Turin, Italy. It offers information on contest mechanics and the use of Google Earth, a global mapping system launched by Google, in the contest. Promotional strategies being done for the contest are also...
- Trade gossip is a five-ring circus. Wigge, Larry // Sporting News;2/25/2002, Vol. 226 Issue 8, p28
Discusses the trading of players in the National Hockey League. Restriction of trading for the duration of the Winter Olympics; Leadership of Bill Guerin in the Boston Bruins; Reactions of hockey team general managers on trading of players.
- A GOLDEN GETAWAY. Nadeau, Barbie // Newsweek;1/30/2006, Vol. 147 Issue 5, p65
This article presents tips on how to get tickets for the 2006 Winter Olympics in Turin, Italy. Currently, only about 60 percent of the tickets have been sold so far. The author recommends using the official Olympic Web site to buy tickets, torino2006.tecetone.it, however, you must provide a...