- Hospital food: can you offer more choice and cut waste? // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;5/6/2004, Vol. 193 Issue 4322, p7
Reports on the conflict created by the goal of the Better Hospital Food program to extend menu choices and the need to reduce food waste, as discussed during the Hospital Caterers Association conference in Great Britain in 2004. Appeal made by the undersecretary of state for health regarding...
- Finding the Recipe for Success. // Food Management;Oct2005, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p12
The article focuses on the conference at the Wild Horse Pass Resort in Phoenix, Arizona, where recordbreaking numbers of HFM, National Society for Healthcare Foodservice Management members gathered to explore the latest strategies in driving superior customer service, producing top-quality...
- Seeking to reduce special diet numbers. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;2/15/97 Supplement, Vol. 10, p12s
Reports on the reduction of special hospital patient menus by reducing fat, calories, sodium, and cholesterol contents in basic recipes in the United States. Nutritional information printed together with hospital menus; Descriptions of recipe; Modification of recipes to satisfy costumers and...
- NY Hospital launches same-day menu selects. // FoodService Director;09/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p58
Focuses on additions made to the food service operations at the Benedictine Hospital in Kingston, New York to better serve patient needs. Rationale for offering same-day selection patient menu; Cycle of the patient menu; Operational charges; Impact on service times; Menu features. INSET:...
- The Future of Hospital Foodservice. Lawn, John // Food Management;Jan2001, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p8
Comments on issues concerning the hospital foodservice in the United States. Characteristic of healthcare foodservice profession; Challenges faced by the industry; Insights on foodservice management of Carol Sherman at Mount Sinai/NYU Health System.
- Healthcare FSDs Play a Key Role in Their Institution's Public Relations. Lawn, John // Food Management;Jul2001, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p8
Discusses the impact of hospital food service departments on the food service management industry. Public relations issue resulting from the creation of larger hospital networks; Perception of hospitals as big businesses dominated by profit pressures; Need for dieticians to effectively...
- Adding Revenue Streams. // FoodService Director;7/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p16
The article focuses on the initiative of the foodservice department at St. Mary's Regional Medical Center in Lewiston, Maine in turning to take-home meals for an additional revenue stream.
- Competing for dollars': Abbott Northwestern Hosp. measures profit-contribution. Bond, Marian // FoodService Director;09/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p88
Focuses on the food service operation in the Abbott Northwestern Hospital cafeteria. Hospital's cafeteria's goal for 1997; Emphasis on retail marketing matrix system to become more competitive; Analysis on product preferences of the consumer.
- PRESSURE COOKER of an issue: control of food service. Andrews, John // Materials Management in Health Care;Apr2001, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p27
Examines the increasing involvement of materials managers in the food service operations of hospitals in the United States. Arguments against the assumption of food service control by materials managers; Functions of food service managers; Questions to consider before considering reassignments;...