Vanderbilt ups check average
- Best of Show. // Food Management;Nov98, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p30
Provides information on the renovation of the Vanderbilt University Dining Services in Nashville, Tennessee. Comments from Shawn LaPean, director of operations at the Vanderbilt University Dining Services; Project team; Goal; Environment; Clientele; Why they won as the best of show at the 1998...
- Not your grandfather's FRANKFURTER. Finkel, Ed // Meatingplace;May2015, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p80
The article focuses on the market of hot dogs in the U.S. An overview of the National Hot Dog and Sausage Council's 2014 annual report on retail sales of hot dogs is provided. Data provided indicate the lower sales of hot dogs at restaurants in 2014 due to hot dog sales at convenience stores,...
- Late Night C-Store Line Spawns Web-based Ordering System. Lawn, John // Food Management;Jul2002, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p28
Reports the development of a Web-based food ordering system at the campus Bear Necessities convenience store of Cornell University in Ithaca, New York. Features of the ordering system; Advantages of the food ordering system; Information on the pilot program of the system.
- 11 Aramark Units: Mobile c-stores roll-out in East. // FoodService Director;10/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p2
Reports the additional mobile convenience stores of ARAMARK in East Coast schools in the United States. Offerings of the mobile food service; Description of the carts; Comment from marketing manager Jill Schnoll.
- At Univ.-Montana: Organic snacks, soups widen c-store prod. mix. // FoodService Director;10/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p8
Offers a look at the introduced organic snacks and soups at the convenience stores of University of Montana in Missoula. Examples of products sold at the stores; Other plans of the university for its food service.
- SECONDARY PARTICIPATION SPIKES: Promos boost Houston sales. // FoodService Director;1/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p6
Focuses on the increase in sales in food service of the Houston Independent School District after promoting monotony-breaking menu items in Houston, Texas. Average daily meals in secondary schools; Items included in the menu; Details of the promotion of the school's menu; Result of the promotion.
- Frank Gladu. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management;May99, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p56
Profiles Frank Gladu, dining services director at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee, and winner of the 1999 International Foodservice Manufacturers Association's Silver Plate Award for College/University Dining. Business philosophy; Contributions to campus events; Association...
- DEBATE OF THE WEEK. // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;3/19/2012, Vol. 74 Issue 19, p7
The article discusses whether bake sales should be banned in schools or not.
- NEW SYSTEM OFFERS CARDS, PINS: BURBANK LUNCH LINES SHRINK. // FoodService Director;02/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p1
Reports on the implementation of an Accu-Scan point-of-sale system at Burbank Unified School District's cafeteria in California. Disadvantages of using the previous system.