WellStar outgrows menu
- The Room Service Menu. King, Paul // FoodService Director;8/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p30
This article presents way to achieve menu success with a room service program in a hospital. Room service allows hospitals to broaden the menu choices available to patients. The key component is customization, it is important to personalize the menu to the patient before they ever see it....
- Room Service Refined. Fitzpatrick, Tara // Food Management;Aug2010, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p52
The article offers information on the increasing trend of room service among hospitals in the U.S. as it is said to provide patient satisfaction and improved food quality service. It mentions that the new service being implemented among hospitals has also helped staff give each patient a better...
- Get Out the China. Dalton, Aaron // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Mar2005, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p28
Reports on the establishment of a gourmet room service by the Medical City hospital in Dallas, Texas. Reason behind the establishment of the service; Financial benefits of the service to the hospital; Increase in the satisfaction of patients with the room service.
- The Road to Room Service. King, Paul // FoodService Director;8/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p24
This article discusses the concept of implementing room service programs in hospitals. There are many benefits to such a program, the most potent of which is a marked increase in patient satisfaction scores at hospitals that have switched. According to Mary Spicer, director of nutrition services...
- Here for the long haul. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;7/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p36
Focuses on the room service program of the Swedish Medical Center in Seattle, Washington. Person credited for the creation of the program; Percentage increase in patient satisfaction with the food and nutrition services department brought by the program; Overview of the program.
- Hospitals fight costs. // FoodService Director;6/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p28
This article reports on the rise of food costs per-patient-day from 2004 to 2005 in hospitals, according to the Industry Census Report of the FoodService Director. With no significant increase in revenue to help offset the cost increases, food service officials find themselves in a tailspin...
- You've Tossed Your Traylineâ€¦ Now What? Buzalka, Mike // Food Management;Dec2008, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p32
The article discusses the trends in room service dining for patients in hospital foodservice in the U.S. It examines how room service is deployed in different hospitals wherein some provide it almost universally, while others limit it to select units. It relates the cost of converting a hospital...
- KIDS' HOSP. ADDS TO A LA MINUTE MENU. // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p5
Reports on the drop in food costs at Childrens' Hospital of Los Angeles in California since the implementation of room service. Percentage of decline in food costs; Advantages of room service system; Effect of the room service program on labor costs.
- SERVICE UP, WASTE AND COSTS DOWN: Hosp. redirects expenses with room svc. // FoodService Director;8/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p5
Reports that Highline Community Hospital in Burien, Washington has redirected foodservice operational expenses by replacing traditional meal trays with room service. Functions of room service staff; Schedule of the room service.