California Proposal for Universal Preschool on Ballot in June
- Universal Preschool. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;4/22/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32117, p31
Reports on the support of motion picture director and political advocate Rob Reiner to the effort to use the ballot box to raise income tax rates to provide revenue for a universal preschool program in California. Conduction of a petition drive to place a preschool for all referendum on the June...
- Calif. Initiative Would Spend Cigarette-Tax Hike on Children. Jacobson, Linda // Education Week;10/21/98, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p18
Focuses on Proposition 10, a California initiative that would spend funds from a cigarette-tax hike on children. Involvement of liberal Rob Reiner with the California Children and Families Initiative; Supporters of Proposition 10; Provisions of the proposition.
- Bad Education. Snell, Lisa // Reason;Jun2006, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p12
The article reports on the tax referendum proposed by actor-director Rob Reiner for a free preschool in California that would cost $2.4 billion per year. The program, which will be financed by a 1.7% tax on high-income individuals, would offer every 4-year-old in the state 180 days of...
- Californians Set to Vote on Universal Pre-K Plan. Jacobson, Linda // Education Week;5/24/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 38, p22
This article reports that supporters of California's Proposition 82--the Preschool for All initiative--are turning to high-profile political and community leaders to help counter a backlash to the measure, which goes to the voters on June 6, 2006. Proposition 82, sponsored by the actor Rob...
- Californians to Vote on Reiner's Pre-K Plan. Jacobson, Linda // Education Week;1/25/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 20, p16
The article reports that two major education initiative in California that have succeeded in generating grassroots support are facing new hurdles. Critics of the actor-director Rob Reiner's latest early-childhood ballot initiative are working hard to defeat the measure on the June 6, 2006,...
- The Education Of Meathead. Meyerson, Harold // Los Angeles Magazine;Mar2006, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p124
The article features film actor Rob Reiner and his efforts to establish a universal preschool for four-year-old children in Los Angeles, California. According to Reiner, a universal free high-quality preschool education is the most effective way to solve education crisis. Reiner has supported...
- Snapshots. // District Administration;Aug2006, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p12
The article offers news briefs related to education in the U.S. Actor Rob Reiner has supported California's Proposition 82, the universal preschool proposition. Thirteen-year-old Achim Nurse has attended classes through the use of a robot with video and audio capabilities because he can't leave...
- Providers set to lose thousands under pathfinder status. Defries, Melanie // Nursery World (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd);2/11/2010, Vol. 110 Issue 4206, p4
The article reports that various pre-school providers in Poole, Dorset in England are protesting a council application for the single funding formula on April 2010, citing the potential financial losses they will incur if approved.
- Our words… your words. // Monroe County Clarion;8/10/2011, Vol. 51 Issue 34, pA7
The article presents online comments regarding the reduction in public preschool budget in the U.S.