MINNESOTA: Twins Await Decision
- Minneapolis renews efforts to build new stadium for Twins. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;06/11/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30660, p7
Reports on the agreement between Minneapolis and Hennepin County, Minnesota, that include a countywide sales tax to help finance a stadium for the Minnesota Twins baseball team and other sports facilities in Minneapolis. Estimates on the revenue which may be generated from the sales tax; Other...
- Minnesota. Baar, Aaron // Bond Buyer;09/10/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30227, p27
Reports on the plans of Minnesota lawmakers to deal with the proposed construction of a new ballpark for the Minnesota Twins baseball team and a replacement of the Minnesota Vikings football team's current stadium.
- Minnesota County Approves Land Deal for New Ballpark. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/13/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32607, p6
The article announces the introduction of a final design of Minnesota Twins' new 40,000 seat, open air $522 million stadium in Minneapolis. The move was made following the Hennepin County board's approval on a land acquisition deal for the stadium. County officials are continuing to work out...
- Minnesota Twins Stadium Plan Includes Up to $350M of Debt. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/26/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32119, p25
The article reports that Hennepin County, Minnesota and the Minnesota Twins have unveiled plans for a $478 million open-air ballpark in Minneapolis that relies on a team contribution of $125 million and a tax-exempt bond issue of up to $350 million that would be repaid with a 0.15% countywide...
- Dome Sweet Dome. Rushin, Steve // Sports Illustrated;10/14/2002, Vol. 97 Issue 15, p25
Discusses playing baseball in the Metrodome in Minneapolis, Minnesota, home of the Minnesota Twins. Success the Twins have had playing in the Metrodome during the playoffs; How the team had fared in the 2002 Major League Baseball American League Divisional Series, with speculation on how they...
- Home Field Advantage. Levine, David // Conde Nast Portfolio;Apr2009, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p22
The article offers information on several stadiums in the U.S. that received federal financial support. They include Nationals Park stadium of the Washington Nationals baseball team in Washington, D.C., the Lucas Oil Stadium of the Indianapolis Colts football team in Indiana and Target Field of...
- editor's report. Chang, Ivy // Construction Bulletin;6/16/2006, Vol. 291 Issue 24, p5
The article focuses on the decision of Minnesota legislature to support the construction of three stadiums that would replace the Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome. The Metrodome is current home to the Minnesota Twins, the Minnesota Vikings and the University of Minnesota football Gophers. It...
- Minnesota Twins. Miller, Scott // Sporting News;1/27/97, Vol. 221 Issue 4, p49
No abstract available.
- Minnesota Twins. Miller, Scott // Sporting News;04/07/97, Vol. 221 Issue 14, p34
Focuses on American League baseball team Minnesota Twins. Return of pitcher Rick Aguilera from an injury; Private meeting between Aguilera and manager Tom Kelly; Number of pitchers in the team's roster; Release of Jose Parra and Brent Brede; Outfielders included in the roster.