ILLINOIS: Navy Pier Makeover
- Ports of Call. Price, Catherine // National Geographic Adventure;Jun/Jul2009, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p36
The article offers suggestions on several U.S. destinations that are cost effective and are suitable for kayaking. It considers urban kayaking to be more exciting than kayaking in a natural setting. Several companies such as the company City Kayak offer equipment rentals and tours. It suggests...
- Trumping Vegas as convention hot spot. Glenn, Brandon // Crain's Chicago Business;2/26/2007, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p6
The article profiles Juan Ochoa, CEO, Metropolitan Pier and Exposition Authority of Chicago, Illinois. The authority oversees McCormick Place and Navy Pier situated in Chicago. He has been a machine gunner in the U.S. Marines during 1989-93. He does not have any experience in the convention and...
- Just a quiet night at home. Bernstein, David // Crain's Chicago Business;5/3/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 18, p13
The article focuses on problems faced by neighbors residing in Streeterville, Chicago, which is next to the tourist center, Navy Pier, Chicago, Illinois. When the city and state joined forces in 1989 to form the Metropolitan Pier and Exposition Authority to redevelop the site, no one dreamed...
- Tourist trap? Guess again. // Crain's Chicago Business;3/26/2007, Vol. 30 Issue 13, p27
The article provides information on Navy Pier in Chicago, Illinois and discusses the place as a tourist destination for the locals living in and around Chicago. It states that people usually come to navy Pier to stroll on the deck or eat a meal. Information on the special events and the slow...
- CRAIN'S LIST: LARGEST TOURIST ATTRACTIONS. // Crain's Chicago Business;12/25/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 52, p142
A list of the largest tourist attractions in Chicago, Illinois, ranked by 2005 attendance, is presented. The first tourist attraction is Navy Pier. The place is followed by Six Flags Great America and Brookfield Zoo. Data is given for contact numbers, attendance in 2005, revenue, and full-time...
- Chicago. Hively, Todd // Let's Take a Look at Illinois;2016, p1
This article presents general information on the city of Chicago, Illinois. Chicago is located in northeastern Illinois along the southwestern shore of Lake Michigan. The terrain is generally flat and featureless. Nicknamed the "Windy City," Chicago's legendary wind chill makes the...
- Untitled. // Pro Sound News;Nov96, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p37
Presents a caption story depicting Apogee Sound speakers, which have been installed at Navy Pier, the entertainment and exhibition center on the Lake Michigan waterfront in Chicago, Illinois. Types of speakers installed; Uses of the speakers.
- Late arrival for pier job. McManamy, Rob // ENR: Engineering News-Record;5/29/95, Vol. 234 Issue 21, p23
Features the Navy Pier in Chicago, Illinois. Costs; Construction manager Schal Bovis Inc.; Change in fabricators; Complications with roof system.
- Costs rise at Navy Pier. Strahler, Steven R. // Crain's Chicago Business;6/26/95, Vol. 18 Issue 26, p3
Reports on the difficulties encountered in the redevelopment of the Navy Pier in Chicago, Illinois. Shifting of the risk of cost overruns to contractor Schal Bovis Inc.; Comments from construction industry executives; Problems faced by the Navy Pier tenants.