Many Oppose G-23 Changes
- TBMA on proposed G-38 change: Let dealers rely on consultant information. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;12/16/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30293, p5
Reports on statements by The Bond Market Association (TBMA), that if dealers are required to disclose their consultants' contributions to the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB), that they should be allowed to rely on whatever information the consultants report to them. Reference to a...
- NAIPFA Says MSRB Shouldn't Be Allowed to Regulate FAs. HERMAN, JACK; Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;2/20/2009, Vol. 363 Issue 33066, p22
The article focuses on the regulatory powers of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) over the financial advisors in the municipal market in the U.S. The National Association of Independent Public Finance Advisors (NAIPFA), believe that regulation by MSRB would put the financial...
- MSRB Notice Shows Which Firms Must Participate in Systems Tests. Casey, Jack // Bond Buyer;1/20/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34446, p1
The Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board announced on Tuesday which registered brokers, dealers, and municipal advisors will be required to participate in testing business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- MSRB Wants Comment on SMMP Definition, Obligations. GLAZIER, KYLE // Bond Buyer;5/2/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33905, p3
The article informs that the organization Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board is seeking comments on a proposal to establish a new rule for sophisticated municipal market professionals (SMMPs) and a related rule setting the obligations of dealers toward SMMPs.
- TBMA Takes Gripes About MSRB Crisis Plan to Key Regulators. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;1/21/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31556, p38
Reports on objections of the Bond Market Association (TBMA) to the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's emergency municipal bond market shutdown proposal in the U.S. Concern of TBMA on the impact of municipal market shutdown on economy and banking system; Proposals of the municipal board on...
- TBMA Is Pressing MSRB on Its Transaction Reporting Program. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;08/23/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30960, p1
Reports that The Bond Market Association has sought assurances from regulators that the proposed expansion of the United States Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's transaction-reporting program would be shouldered by users rather than the municipal broker-dealer community. Amendment of Rule...
- TBMA opposes 2 MSRB proposed rule changes on syndicates. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;05/14/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30393, p4
Expresses The Bond Market Association's (TBMA) opposition to two of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's proposed rule changes on syndicate practices in the United States. TBMA's claims on the unfairness of the proposals on dealers in the position of policing issuers and other market...
- Muni Dealers Warn Against G-38 Change. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;11/08/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30764, p1
Reports on the strong letter of opposition sent by The Bond Market Association (TBMA) to the Securities and Exchange Commission on a proposed change to the Municipal Securities Ruling Board's (MSRB) Rule G-38. Reason behind the opposition made by the TBMA; Requirements made by the TBMA in the...
- MSRB's New Monthly Transaction Report Will Appear Dec. 1. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;10/12/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30994, p6
Reports on the plan of the United States Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board to publish a monthly Comprehensive Transaction Report. Subscription fee for the compact discs; Suggestion of the Bond Market Association.