Can a Model of Overlapping Gestures Account for Scanning Speech Patterns?
- WHAT VERSUS WHO? // Imaging Economics;May2010, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p25
The article offers information which clarifies the two differing technologies in the speech recognition systems and the voice recognition systems.
- SOUNDS SIMPLE. BAKER, Christopher W. // Robots Among Us: The Challenges & Promises of Robotics;2002, p25
The article provides information on robots. Speech recognition and voice recognition are two separate things. Voice recognition is part of the biometrics field. Speech recognition is about understanding the meaning of what someone is saying.
- Opinion evidence; admissibility of ad hoc expert voice recognition evidence: R v Flynn. Warburton, Damian; Lewis, Thomas // International Journal of Evidence & Proof;Mar2009, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p50
The article presents information on controversies related to the use of voice recognition as an identification evidence. It is stated that identification by voice recognition evidence is a controversial form of opinion evidence. In English law, voice recognition is subjected to expert testimony....
- Improving Input Capacity. Morrow, Edwin P. // LAN: Life Association News;Aug99, Vol. 94 Issue 8, p33
Focuses on the use of a speech recognition software in personal computers. Top software providers; Categories to consider when evaluating speech recognition software; Hardware requirements and features of speech recognition; Report from `PC Magazine' on its speech recognition tests.
- Dictation programs are finding their voice. McCollum, Tim; Holzinger, Albert G. // Nation's Business;Dec97, Vol. 85 Issue 12, p40
Looks at speech-recognition software programs. The use of continuous-speech recognition technology; NaturallySpeaking Personal Edition from Dragon Systems Inc.; ViaVoice from IBM Corp.'s Software Group; Cost; Features; Contact point.
- Other vendors have the first word in continuous speech. Davis, Dwight B. // Windows Watcher;07/18/97, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p1
Discusses the developments and trends in speech recognition technology. Microsoft's investments on the field; Types of speech recognition uses for personal computer; Microsoft's speech products; Microsoft's plan to integrate speech products to a major operating systems. INSET: Dragon and IBM...
- Reliability and sensitivity of paired comparisons and category rating in children. Eisenberg, Laurie S.; Dirks, Donald D. // Journal of Speech & Hearing Research;Oct95, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p1157
Studies the reliability and sensitivity of paired comparisons and category rating in children in determining speech clarity. Subjective measures of perceived speech intelligibility used in the evaluation of hearing aids; Children's judgements of speech clarity; Effect of age on judgements.
- Are You Communicating with Your Employees? Kelly, John // Speech Technology Magazine;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p2
Discusses issues associated with quality customer service. Role of organization leaders and employees in providing quality customer service; Proposed speech recognition solutions that can be used effectively in customer service.
- Taking A Look at TTS. Henton, Caroline // Speech Technology Magazine;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p27
Examines trends in text-to-speech systems (TTS) in the field of speech recognition as of January 1, 2003, based on test sessions conducted with TTS vendors. Purpose of the content of the test sentence; Language-specific issues of text-field normalization; Broader trends that emerged from ten...