Food in Review
- Diversity may not mean equality. Summerour, Jenny // Progressive Grocer;10/15/2002, Vol. 81 Issue 15, p8
Presents news on the grocery trade in the U.S. as of October 2002. Issues on diversity among retail organizations; Launch of the 5 A Day The Color Way campaign from the Produce for Better Health Foundation; Release of the book 'Hook, Line & Supper,' by Kroger Co.
- Health Concerns MAKE FROZENS A COOL CHOICE. Hartnett, Michael // Frozen Food Age;Apr2002, Vol. 50 Issue 9, p26
Focuses on the alternative offered by the U.S. frozen foods industry to health conscious consumers. Risk of obesity; Details of the Produce for Better Health Foundation program; Health benefits from frozen foods.
- PRODUCE: NEWSWATCH. // SN: Supermarket News;4/20/2009, Vol. 57 Issue 16, p34
The article offers news briefs related to the food industry and trade. Produce for Better Health Foundation has begun a dialogue with growers on the development of a national fruit and vegetable research and promotion board. The United Fresh Produce Association will present its annual Retail...
- Produce group targets Philadelphia school kids. // FoodService Director;4/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p26
Presents information on a regional partnership initiative by the Produce for Better Health Foundation (PBH), starting in the Philadelphia market. Emphasis on marketing to children; Information on the plans.
- Prescription Produce. Strailey, Jennifer // Progressive Grocer;May2015, Vol. 94 Issue 5, p138
The article discusses the initiatives of the fresh food industry to promote the health benefits of fruits and vegetables. Topics mentioned include the mission of nonprofit organization Produce for Better Health Foundation (PBH) to increase daily consumption of fruits and vegetables by consumers...
- PBH EXPANDS CONSUMER WEBSITE. // SN: Supermarket News;7/5/2010, Vol. 58 Issue 27, p19
The article reports on the launch of a revamped web site by the Produce for Better Health Foundation (PBH).
- Menu News. // Restaurant Hospitality;Jul2008, Vol. 92 Issue 7, p68
The article evaluates several food products including the Fresh Gourmet Crispy Onions from Sugar Foods Corp., fully cooked beef products from Hormel Foods Corp. and Harry's Fresh Foods from Basic American Foods Inc.
- Menu News. // Restaurant Hospitality;Mar2004, Vol. 88 Issue 3, p100
Features several food products available in the U.S. as of March 2004. Nature's Own Premium Hashbrown Potatoes from Basic American Foods; Milky Way Mousse Cake from Heidi's Gourmet Desserts; Bread crocks from Smithfield Innovation Group.
- Menu News. // Restaurant Hospitality;Sep2002, Vol. 86 Issue 9, p88
Features several menus and equipment in the food industry in the U.S. as of September 2002. Classic Casserole Scalloped Potatoes from Basic American Foods; IQF flounder fillets from Icelandic Seafood; Seasonal Kitchen Web site from French's Foodservice.