Today's healthiest picks
- Children for children. // Independent School;Spring97, Vol. 56 Issue 3, The Reporter p6
Focuses on the campaign against worldwide child labor practice of the fourth graders at the Berkeley Carroll School in New York. Brief account on the campaign; Companies that deny the use of child labor; Reaction of Charles Kernaghan, director of the National Labor Committee on the Berkeley...
- From classroom to Egyptian tomb. // Education Week;4/10/96, Vol. 15 Issue 29, p4
Presents a photograph of a student at the Berkeley Carroll School in New York City guiding a parent through an Egyptian tomb created by the students as part of their Egyptian history lesson. Explanation of exhibit as replacement for an exam.
- Campaigning for health care. // Independent School;Spring96, Vol. 55 Issue 3, The Reporter p8
Reports that eleventh-grade students at Berkeley Carroll School in New York have joined a campaign urging Congress and President Bill Clinton to oppose budget cuts in health care. Partnership with New York Methodist Hospital protesting health care cuts for the elderly and children; Concerns...
- DANCE ON CAMERA FESTIVAL 2007 TOURING PARTNERS. // Dance on Camera Journal;Jan/Feb2007, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p16
A list of the touring partners of the 2007 Dance on Camera is presented. These include Berkeley Carroll School in Brooklyn, New York, University of Michigan in Ann Arbor and Washington Center for the Arts in Olympia.
- A book grows in Brooklyn. // Publishers Weekly;6/16/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 24, p31
Looks at how Berkeley Carroll School fourth graders in Brooklyn, New York managed to get a re-publication of `Moki,' by Grace Jackson Penney, first published in the 1960s.
- The Headship TEAM. Zubay, Bongsoon // Independent School;Spring2000, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p36
Reports on the administrative changes at Berkeley Carroll School in New York City. Growth of the independent school which necessitated organizational changes; Leadership structure correlating to school size and type; Roles and responsibilities of various types of school administrators;...
- In tech-driven world, Brooklyn still boosts books. // Independent School;Winter98, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p13
Focuses on the book soliciting program launched by Jennifer Barrett, a second grade teacher at Berkeley Carroll School in New York City, New York, for the state's Public School 261. How the program came about; Explanations from Barrett; Forte of Berkeley Carroll School; Other community services...
- Arts lead the way. Egolf, David // Independent School;Winter2008, Vol. 67 Issue 2, Special Section p8
This article focuses on the effort made by Berkeley Carroll School, an independent school in New York, to make its collaboration with the professional art world as rich and rewarding as possible. First, the school created a visual arts curriculum that is driven primarily by themes, rather than...
- KID-FRIENDLY CHICKENLESS NUGGETS. // All Animals;Jan/Feb2014, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p36
A recipe for child-friendly chickenless nuggets is presented.