- More center-of-the-plate. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p156
Reports on health care food service operators' inclusion of vegetarian dishes in their menus. Re-engineered lasagna at Pocono Medical Center in East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania; Vegetable side dishes cum center-of-the-plate combos at New York Hospital-Cornell Medical Center in New York City;...
- More items on the menu. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p108
Offers a look at the menus served at the HealthSouth Doctors' Hospital in Coral Gables, Florida. Comments from Paul Sucher, director of food and nutrition services at the hospital; Description on white bean salsa; Examples of vegetarian food offered at the hospital.
- Options that fill the bill. // FoodService Director;03/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p128
Cites the vegetarian selections being offered in some American hospitals and healthcare facilities. Includes Indian dish called lentil dahl; Tofu stir-fry; Penne pasta; Linguine with pesto; Black bean casserole; Broccoli bake incorporating rice; Artichoke; Vegetable lasagna; Salmon; Pizza and...
- Pleasing the 'vocal minority'. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;9/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p60
Reports on the efforts of food service operators in hospitals and healthcare in the U.S. to provide vegetarian cuisine. Health benefits of a vegetarian diet; Information on various vegetarian offerings at an Illinois hospital; Details of the Sun Dried Tomato & Provolone Panini recipe.
- IN GLENDALE, CA: Hosp. cafe sets new b'fast bar, bakery. // FoodService Director;6/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p5
Deals with the breakfast menu launched in the vegetarian cafeteria of Adventist Medical Center in Glendale, California. Schedule of the availability of the breakfast menu; Meat substitutes included in the menu; Cost of the dishes.
- Michigan Hospitals Pledge Healthy Changes. // Food Management;Jun2011, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p12
The article reports on the move of 50 hospitals across Michigan regarding the voluntary Healthy Food Hospitals initiative which addresses healthy eating issues.
- Veg Out! Rivera, Rachel // Science World;09/07/98, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p7
Presents information on the Vegetarian Diet Pyramid, designed by Cornell and Harvard University researchers. Who the pyramid was designed for; Information on the food groups found in the pyramid.
- Vegetarian cooking. Vassal, Anne // Mother Earth News;Feb/Mar96, Issue 154, p90
Comments on the benefits of a vegetarian lifestyle with inclusions of meatless and dessert recipes. How money is saved by cutting meat from grocery bill; Combination of diet and health; Food safety.
- Where's the beef? Barr, Susan Learner // Shape;May96, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p58
Presents information on vegetable burger and its use in preference to beef. Ingredients in meatless patties; Calories and fat content in various burgers; Varieties offered in veggie burgers; Reason for skepticism by individuals who sampled vegetable burger. INSET: Meatless wonders..