The `crossover' customer
- Whitson's tries HMR. // FoodService Director;07/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p28
Provides information on the manufacturing of a `healthful' line of foods earmarked for Home-Meal Replacement by Whitson's Food Service. Comments from Douglas Whitcomb, vice president of Whitson's Food Services.
- Food for thought. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);03/23/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 12, p5A
Features Garden City, New York-based food service company Whitsons Food Service Corp. Company origin; Business strategies utilized; Growth and expansion plans.
- Whitsons eats up NE accounts. Geller, Rose // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);08/04/2000, Vol. 47 Issue 31, p1A
Reports on the number of accounts added by Long Island, New York-based Whitsons Food Service since January 2000. Company's provision of dining service to schools and companies; Expansion in the Northeastern United States; Projected revenues in 2001; Similar expansion by Lake Success-based...
- Whitsons Food Service talks fresh in schools. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);12/08/2000, Vol. 47 Issue 49, p14A
Focuses on the growth of the Long Island, New York-based food service management company Whitsons Food Service Corp. due to the contracts it received from Long Island public school districts. Changes made by the company on the design of and services offered by traditional school cafeterias;...
- Whitsons sets broad expansion. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p36
Presents an interview with Douglas Whitcomb, vice president of Whitsons Food Service, regarding the operations of the company. Specialties of the company; Strategies used by the company to increase the amount of sales acquired by the company.
- Taking a bite of the Big Apple. // FoodService Director;12/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p12
Presents information on the FoodQuest - Take A Bite Out of the Big Apple, a management training program launched by Whitsons Food Service in New York in 2004. Number of food service managers who attended the event; Activities in the training program; Sites visited by the participants.
- Whitsons add touch of Latin flair to business with new salsa bar. // Nation's Restaurant News;6/24/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 25, p22
Reports on the opening of the Whitehouse Latin Salsa Bar of Whitsons Food Service Inc. in Long Island, New York. Variety of salsa items and marinades offered; Range of the salsa ingredients; Impression of Long Island chefs on the bar.
- DEMOS AT 6TH CULINARY EXPO: Whitsons 'trade-up' items. // FoodService Director;05/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p36
Deals with the demonstration of the Whitsons Food Service company at its Sixth Annual Culinary Expo. Sponsor of the event; Concepts of sandwiches presented by the company.
- IN N.Y. RESCUE EFFORT: Whitsons teams with locals. // FoodService Director;1/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p24
Reports on the Restaurant Revitalization Program created by Whitsons Food Service and its client, The Salvation Army. Some details of the program; Benefit for restaurateurs who have suffered the greatest loss of business since September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in the United States.