- Purdue re-do adds menu options. // FoodService Director;12/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p4
The article provides information on Windsor Dining Court, a quick-serve restaurant at Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana, which opened in August 2005 after being renovated. The facility offers menu concepts not offered elsewhere on campus. It has three stations which offer vegan and...
- Vegan Vacation. // FoodService Director;9/15/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p14
The article features the newly-opened all-vegan Maple dining hall at the University of North Texas (UNT) in fall 2011. Special projects manager Ken Botts claims that the UNT's dining department decided to satisfy the demand for more vegetarian fare. He talks about the dining hall's complete...
- Meeting multiple requests. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p106
Reveals the efforts of foodservices in schools in the United States to offer varied menus to school children. Examples of ethnic cuisines at the Saint Johnsbury Academy in Vermont; Description on vegetarian pizza; Vegetarian population at the Lawrenceville School in New Jersey.
- Lowfat, vegan growing. Hirschfeld, Jeff // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p154
Reports on the inclusion of lowfat and vegan selections in vegetarian offerings in university campuses in the United States. Vegetarian selections at Penn State University in University Park, Boston College in Massachusetts, University of San Diego in California and Duke University. INSET:...
- Vegetarian recipe corner. // FoodService Director;02/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p130
Presents several vegetarian recipes used by several college food facilities in the United States. Includes Haiku School's Veggie Chili; University of California-Santa Barbara's Black Bean Chili; Michigan State University's Vegetarian Vegetable Soup; Henderson County School's Brown Rice Pilaf.
- AS GROWTH ACCELERATES: Campuses Keep Contracting in Daily Perspective. // FoodService Director;06/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p22
Discusses the growth of contractor presence at universities and college campuses in the United States. Percentage of overall contract penetration on campuses; Effects regarding the shift from straight-line cafeterias to foodcourts; List of colleges and universities switching to contract...
- ITS 'BIGGEST IMPROVEMENT': Grab-n-go boosts check at USC Marketplace. // FoodService Director;8/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p12
Reports on the sales of the University of Southern California's Plaza Marketplace cafeteria. Benefits of the cafeteria to the university; Background on the concept of the cafeteria; Features of the cafeteria.
- INDUSTRY NEWS. // FoodService Director;10/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p68
This section offers news briefs in food service industry. Kellogg's Food Away From Home and Chartwell Higher Education collaborated to create vegetarian and vegan program on college campuses. Christ the King School in Richland, Washington was named Whole Year Supply of Rice sweepstakes winner...
- MORE VEGETARIAN, TOO: In-house prep yields menu upgrade at E-town College. // FoodService Director;2/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p12
Reports that Elizabethtown College in Pennsylvania has changed its menu by preparing in-house foods instead of repackaged meals for students and faculty. Vegetarian and low-fat meals offered; Percentage of the increase in food costs; Decline in labor costs in relation to the move.