As Garnishes, Soups, Special Salads: Summer Fruit Hits
- Enter the dragon fruit. Thorn, Bret // Nation's Restaurant News;8/29/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 35, p53
Features the dragon fruit, a fruit from a cactus plant. Variety of colors of the fruit flesh; Description of the texture and flavor of the flesh; Usefulness of the fruit as a garnish.
- Summer's delicious BOUNTY. Sossen, Lisa // Australian Ageing Agenda;Jan/Feb2012, p52
The article presents the author's insights on the menus for the Summer season, in which vegetables and fruits are the main components. The author states that Summer is the best time to consume all the summery vegetables and fruits, which are rich with Vitamin C. Meanwhile, the author suggests...
- Buy it. // Bon Appetit;Dec2005, Vol. 50 Issue 12, p160
Gives instructions on how to make a Stilton With Della Robbia Fruits and Nuts garnishing. Tips in choosing Stilton; Garnishing materials; Procedure.
- Influence of the consumption of fruits and vegetables on the nutritional status of a group of institutionalized elderly persons in the Madrid region. APARICIO, A.; ANDRÉS, P.; PEREA, J. M.; LÓPEZ-SOBALER, A. M.; ORTEGA, R. M. // Journal of Nutrition, Health & Aging;Aug2010, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p615
im: To determine the nutritional status in a group of institutionalized elderly people in the Madrid region of Spain, with respect to their consumption of fruits and vegetables. Setting: The Madrid region, Spain Participants: Men and women âž‡65 years of age (n=180). Measurements: A dietetic...
- Glorious compotes. Wing, Lucy; Wing, Dale // Country Living;Mar1993, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p156
Presents several updated and simplified recipes for fruit compotes. Pear and dried-fruit compote; Kiwifruit-plum compote; Strawberry-peach compote; Brandied orange compote; Lemony apple compote; Materials and methods; More. INSET: How to grow lilacs..
- Vine and dine. Bienvenu, Marcelle // Louisiana Life;Summer97, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p22
Presents some ways to take full advantage of summer's great seasonal fruits, berries and melons. Preparation of Blackberry Cobbler; Blackberry Ice Cream; Musadine Barbecue Basting Sauce; Fig Ice Cream.
- Fresh picked ideas. Scarpa, James // Restaurant Business;3/20/93, Vol. 92 Issue 5, p83
Reports on seasonings and preparation methods for fruit cookery; Complex flavor impressions; Use as tenderizing marinades, garnish, side item and in sauces; American restaurants with fruit dishes; Taste from Down Under Promotion by Marriott Management Services; Seasonality of fruits. INSETS:...
- Avocados. Conan, Kerri // Restaurant Business;4/10/93, Vol. 92 Issue 6, p92
Discusses the use of avocados in cooking. Varieties available; Handling tips; Cooking advice.
- Cooked life with fruit. Conan, Kerri // Restaurant Business;3/20/94, Vol. 93 Issue 5, p54
Presents guidelines in the preparation and cooking of fruit dishes. Views of various culinary artists and food experts on the methods of cooking fruits; Features of fruit dishes; Use of fresh fruits that emphasize clear flavor, color, texture and shape; Seasonal availability of fruits; Use of...