SPRING OUTLOOK: Acreage up 1% for 13 key crops
- Melon fruit fly (Bactrocera cucurbitae Coq.) infestation and management on bottle gourd in West Bengal, India. BHOWMIK, PARAMITA; MANDAL, DIPAK; CHATTERJEE, M. L. // Research on Crops;Dec2014, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p876
Seasonal trends in infestation level of Bactrocera cucurbitae were analyzed to determine the factors that influence the infestation by melon fruit fly in the field and adoption of suitable insecticidal management on bottle gourd. The experiment was conducted during pre-kharif and kharif seasons...
- Summer's harvest. Bubel, Nancy // Country Journal;Jul/Aug96, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p14
Presents tips on proper harvesting of garden vegetables. Picking green beans before the seeds bulge; Appropriate size of cucumber; Choosing ripe and glossy eggplant. INSET: Garden notes..
- The kitchen harvest. Morrissey, Laurie Dougal // Country Journal;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p62
Provides tips on how to tell when vegetables are perfect for picking and advice on what to do with the inevitable surplus. Picking time; How to keep the vegetables fresh; How to handle the surplus. INSET: Shaker cooking..
- Hollands Bauern setzen auf Klassiker. // Lebensmittel Zeitung;7/12/2013, Issue 28, p18
The article offers statistics on the agricultural production of classic products such as tomatoes, onions, and potatoes.
- Summer harvest tips. // Southern Living;Aug94, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p47
Offers advice concerning harvesting of vegetables and herbs during summer.
- Summer harvest made easy. Bender, Steve // Southern Living;Aug96, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p50
Presents a guide to harvesting fruits and vegetables. Cantaloupe; Carrot; Corn; Cucumber; Eggplant; Okra; Onion; Peppers.
- IN CALIFORNIA: Fruit harvesting, picking are active. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;06/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p82
Presents the National Agricultural Statistics Service acreage projections on some California vegetables and fruits for spring 2000. Cabbage; Cantaloupes; Cucumbers; Eggplant; Honeydew melons.
- Untitled. Thomson, Neil // Farmers Weekly;10/24/2014, Vol. 161 Issue 41, p1
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of growing and harvesting wheat and vegetables such as cauliflower and broccoli.
- COMPARED TO LAST YEAR: Fresh vegetable acreage unchanged. Thienpoint, Chuck // FoodService Director;11/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p48
Predicts the prospective area for harvest of selected fresh market vegetables during the fall quarter of 2002. Vegetables with predicted increase in acreage; Decline in the projected acreage on the fall harvest of broccoli in California; Rise in area forecasted for melon harvest; Forecast on...