Looking Up: Brands Stand Out
- Brand value yields clout in marketplace. Adams, John // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;05/11/98, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p18
Advises companies to strive hard to build and protect their corporate brand names. RJR's acquisition of Nabisco for six times the company's asset value; Coca-Cola's efforts to promote its classic formula; Trans World Airlines' failure to build its brand name.
- Solid brand identity crucial in competitive marketplace. Bromberg, Leslie // Inside Tucson Business;06/29/98, Vol. 8 Issue 14, p5
Opinion. Focuses on the importance of brand identity in a highly competitive marketplace in the 21st century. Benefits of investing in brand development programs; Establishment of brand equity to distinguish products; Facilitation of brand building through solid brand-development strategies.
- Holistic approach to brand equity management. Davis, Scott // Marketing News;1/16/95, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p4
Focuses on the issue of brand building, management and strategy in the United States. Current interest in brand equity; Details about the state of brand equity management in the country; Difficulty in understanding the basic definition of brand equity.
- Digital BRANDING. Rochester, Jack B. // e-learning;Sep2001, Vol. 2 Issue 9, p22
Discusses the customer-oriented strategy in digital branding. Definition of digital branding; Key component that electronic learning content providers must realize; Phases in developing a branding strategy.
- Brand planning in China. Li, Miranda // Brand Strategy;Nov2002, Issue 165, p12
Comments on the brand planning strategies of companies to penetrate the Chinese market. Factors contributing to the inability of brands to realized expansion plans; Significance of the emergence of middle class on marketers; Role of the middle class on market expansion.
- Brands in training. Taylor, David // Brand Strategy;Nov2002, Issue 165, p28
Suggests practical workouts on using brand strategy to boost brand and business performance. Importance of uniqueness on developing brand strategy; Factors to consider on developing brand strategy; Importance of internal communication on boosting brand performance.
- Innovation and collaboration. Mitchell, Alan // Brand Strategy;Nov2002, Issue 165, p40
Focuses on the importance of brands in facilitating the development of new product and services. Efforts of brand owners to innovate; Factors blocking the ability of brand owners to innovate; Benefit of innovations on retailers.
- How to build a successful brand. Muniz, Aida // Caribbean Business;11/26/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 47, p52
Focuses on branding. Brand development strategies of Federal Express, Volvo and other brands; Details on the book `22 Immutable Laws of Branding'; Views of Neil Webster of McCann Erickson Puerto Rico on branding.
- Brand name translation model: A case analysis of US brands in China. Dong, Lily C.; Helms, Marilyn M. // Journal of Brand Management;Nov2001, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p99
Presents information on a study which examined the influence of brand names on brand equity, focusing on U.S. brands in the Chinese culture as a case study. Brands from the U.S. which enjoy success in the Chinese market; Development of a market theory for international branding; Definitions of...
- Editorial: Uncovering brand gremlins and other hidden perils. Farquhar, Peter // Journal of Brand Management;Aug2003, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p388
Editorial. Comments on brand management. Brand crises; Brand 'gremlins'; Impact of technological advances.