FROM CLINTON ADMIN.: Coming: workplace protection
- Many Happy Returns. Lynn, Jacquelyn // Entrepreneur;Nov2000, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p114
Discusses several aspects of personnel management in the United States. How to handle the hiring of former employees; Suggestions of Cathy Leibow, president of Family Care Inc., on supporting working parents; Information on health insurance for employees' pets.
- Four reasons to be family friendly. Crabb, Steve // People Management;4/6/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 7, p40
Profiles the winners of the Parents at Work Awards in Great Britain for best practice among employers. Implementation of the family-friendly policies practiced by employers; Efforts of organizations to meet the standards of good practice in the field of family-friendly policies; Benefits of the...
- Test case push for working parents. // Australian Nursing Journal;Aug2003, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p13
Focuses on a work-and-family test case launched by the Australian Council of Trade Unions (ACTU) on June 24, 2003, in an effort to seek rights for working parents in the country. Rights of working parents proposed by ACTU; Goals of ACTU; Need to improve work-family balance.
- Include family caregivers in anti-discrimination policies. Calvert, Cynthia Thomas // HR Specialist: Compensation & Benefits;Nov2009, Vol. 4 Issue 11, p5
The article offers information on the right of family caregivers to work. It notes that family caregivers can have their protection against the family responsibility discrimination (FRD) in the U.S. It cites the steps on how to avoid such discrimination against employees including the assessment...
- Childcare costs in London forcing mothers to leave work, paper says. // Nursery World (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd);1/13/2014, Vol. 113 Issue 4335, p11
The article reports on the paper "Parental Employment in London" which warned that London, England misses out on skills because parents are being forced into lower-paid.
- Lone parent benefit proposal under fire. // Community Care;3/8/2007, Issue 1663, p7
The article reports on the criticism of proposals that require single parents in Great Britain to seek work when their youngest child reaches 12 in order to qualify for benefits. According to a government-commissioned review of welfare, the country has a less demanding benefits regime for lone...
- Good week for... // Personnel Today;9/30/2008, p4
The article offers news briefs related to personnel management in Great Britain. Britain's Prime Minister Gordon Brown unveiled plans at the annual Labour Party conference to give free places at nurseries to up to 600,000 Great Britain's toddlers in a bid to get parents back to work. An...
- Employment Rights: The Guide for Lone Parents. Beech, Beverley Lawrence // AIMS Journal;2004, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p21
Features the book "Employment Rights: The Guide for Lone Parents."
- Lone parent group pioneers guide for employers. // Management Services;Dec1997, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p3
This article discusses a unique guide launched by the National Council for One Parent Families, which boosts the ability of employers to recruit and retain lone parent employees. Commissioned by the government as part of its new deal lone parent employment programme, "Lone Parents into the...