USDA to recognize `innovators'
- Hold the syrup. Murphy, Dan // National Provisioner;Jul95, Vol. 209 Issue 7, p60
Focuses on the United States Department of Agriculture and Dan Glickman's acceptance speech as USDA secretary. Comment on Glickman's acceptance speech; Need to eliminate subsidies given by the USDA to prop up prices in the dairy industry; Need for Glickman to prioritize government's focus on...
- Toro, toro. Gatty, Bob // National Provisioner;Oct95, Vol. 209 Issue 10, p20
Praises US Agricultural Secretary Dan Glickman for the role he played in revamping the nation's meat and inspection system. Qualities of Glickman; Series of public meeting scheduled by Glickman.
- Glickman takes charge of USDA. // American Nurseryman;5/1/95, Vol. 181 Issue 9, p25
Reports on the confirmation of Dan Glickman's appointment as secretary of agriculture. Views against proposals to cut Department of Agriculture programs; Intention to challenge Republican proposals to slash farm spending; Priorities and plan of actions.
- Glickman expected to continue where Espy left off. // American Nurseryman;2/1/95, Vol. 181 Issue 3, p16
Reports on the appointment of Dan Glickman as secretary of agriculture. Budget cuts at the Department of Agriculture; Glickman's experience with agricultural legislation; Priorities as agriculture secretary.
- Dan 'The Man' still fired up about agricultural policy. Root, Ken // High Plains Journal;10/29/2012, Vol. 130 Issue 44, p2-B
In this article, the author presents his views on Dan Glickman, former U.S. Secretary of Agriculture.
- America's Quiet Epidemic. Wetzstein, Cheryl // Insight on the News;12/28/98, Vol. 14 Issue 48, p41
Deals with growing number of overweight Americans in the United States. Comments from Agriculture Secretary Dan Glickman; Information on malnutrition rate in the country; Findings of the 1995 survey by the Department of Agriculture and Census Bureau. INSET: Thick and Thin.
- No easy way out. Malovany, Dan // Snack Food & Wholesale Bakery;Apr2000, Vol. 89 Issue 4, p70
Criticizes the inability of United States Department of Agriculture Secretary Dan Glickman to promote the benefits of grain-based foods in the 2000 Great Nutrition Debate. Actions taken by the American Bakers Association's Board of Directors to promote grain-based products; Impact of the `Got...
- IMPACT OF NATIONAL ORGANIC STANDARDS PROPOSAL ON COMPOST USE. // BioCycle;Apr2000, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p14
Presents the comments of Dan Glickman, secretary of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) on the release of the USDA Proposal for National Organic Standards. Importance of the standards for organic agriculture; Goal of the standards; Amount the USDA has proposed to fund research on...
- A new advisory panel will help USDA tackle the thorny issues raised by agricultural biotechnology. Baker, Beth // BioScience;Jun99, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p438
Describes the issues faced by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) regarding agricultural biotechnology. Views of USDA Secretary Dan Glickman; Benefits of biotechnology for developing new crops; Research on a fossil fuel substitute; Concerns about fairness to farmers; Pest...