UNSANITARY PRACTICES TARGETED: New regs taking aim at hazardous food distrib
- Food safety, infectious disease funds targeted. // Nation's Health;Feb99, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p1
Reports on the plans of United States (US) President Bill Clinton to recommend increasing funds for food safety and initiatives targeting infectious disease. Plans for the increase for food safety; Proposal for the Health and Human Services department; Information on the American Public Health...
- More funds requested for US FDA's safety initiatives. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;6/28/2008, Issue 556, p9
The article presents information on the adjustment in the budget request of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services for the fiscal year 2009 to include the Action Plan for Import Safety and the complementary Food Protection Plan of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). It...
- U.S., Vietnam agree on food, drug safety. // Biomedical Business & Technology;Aug2008, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p23
The article reports on the memorandum of understanding (MOU) signed by the U.S. and Vietnam to enhance the safety of food, feed, drugs and medical devices traded between the two nations. The plan is the product of discussions between U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS) Mike Leavitt...
- Rules and Regulations: DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES. // Federal Register;5/16/2014, Vol. 79 Issue 95, p28401
The article presents the final order from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regarding the classification of the PillCam COLON 2 capsule endoscopy imaging system from Given Imaging Ltd., a medical technology company, and the intravascular...
- Hackable Medical Devices--Is There a Solution? // Medical Product Outsourcing;May2012, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p12
The article reports on the issuance of a letter by the Information Security and Privacy Advisory Board (ISPAB) to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and the Office of Management and Budget in 2012. The letter of ISBAP expressed concern over companies to report device security...
- Zap, Crackle, Pop. Gibbs, Gary // Progressive;Sep87, Vol. 51 Issue 9, p22
Focuses on irradiated foods in the U.S. Exposure of food to radioactive doses; Method of food-processing designed to extend the shelf-life of commodities and kill infesting insects; U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' predictions on the exposure of food to radiation.
- NEW CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT: Congress examines industry role in combating allergens. // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p18
Reports on legislation introduced by Senator Edward Kennedy (D-MA) that will protect citizens in the U.S. who suffer from food allergies. Information on a campaign of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services to raise awareness among food service operators in the country; Details on the...
- Healthy Food Initiative Targets Underserved Communities. // Professional Safety;Apr2010, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p1
The article reports on the support of the U.S. Treasury, Agriculture, and Health and Human Services (DHHS) departments of the Healthy Food Financing Initiative for the promotion of health food choices and childhood obesity reduction.
- New Government Web Site Offers Latest Data on Food Safety. // Mayo Clinic Women's Health Source;Mar2010, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p3
The article describes a consumer web site which focuses on food safety, launched by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), and available at www.foodsafety.gov.