AS GROWTH ACCELERATES: Campuses Keep Contracting in Daily Perspective
- ITS 'BIGGEST IMPROVEMENT': Grab-n-go boosts check at USC Marketplace. // FoodService Director;8/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p12
Reports on the sales of the University of Southern California's Plaza Marketplace cafeteria. Benefits of the cafeteria to the university; Background on the concept of the cafeteria; Features of the cafeteria.
- Fancy Colors. // FoodService Director;10/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p36
This article describes the renovated Murray-Aikins cafeteria at the Skidmore College in Saratoga Springs, New York. The renovation project was valued at nearly $10 million. Eight serving stations, designed in a circular pattern around the kitchen and fronting a 600-seat dining space, offer both...
- Vegetarian On-the-Go. // FoodService Director;06/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p93
Reports the growth trend and profitability of vegetarian entrees on non-commercial cafeteria menus in the United States. Percentage of hospitals that serve vegetarian entrees; Number of school lunchrooms that serve vegetable dishes; Variety of vegetarian entrees served at Indiana University...
- UNC Dining Allows Kids to Eat for Reduced Rate. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;11/24/2014, p3
The article reports on the child meal plans offered by the Top of Lenoir and Rams Head dining halls of the University of North Carolina campus as reported by the "Daily Tar Heel."
- New Bakery CafÃ© at U of MN. // Food Management;Jan2007, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p20
The article reports on the opening of a bakery cafÃ© at the University of Minnesota by Aramark Corp. in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The cafÃ© offers freshly baked artisan, pastries and other baked goods to students of the university. It also serves gourmet soups and salads along with...
- Fresh Start at Shively. // FoodService Director;3/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p12
The article focuses on the renovated Shively Court, formerly the Shively Dining Hall at the Ohio University in Athens, Ohio. It states that a number of Shively's team members worked to a great extent to come up with ideas that would correspond to the trends in the industry. It also offers...
- Feeding campus night owls. Watkins, Carolyn // Food Management;Jan1999, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p22
Reports on the growing number of food service operations in universities and colleges across the United States, that are extending service hours for late-night dining. Impact of extended service hours on college/university dining services department; Staffing challenges associated with late...
- Virginia Tech's big Gamble. Watkins, Carolyn // Food Management;Oct99, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p50
Focuses on the renovation of a cafeteria at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University in Blacksburg, Virginia. Transformation of an all-you-can-eat style outlet into a marketplace-style eatery; Influences of Rich Melman's Foodlife in Chicago, Illinois; Three-pronged mission for the...
- WITH DISPLAY COOK FOCUS: Mercer U. doubles sales with new Fresh Food Co. // FoodService Director;6/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p8
Reports on the increased sales of the food service team at Mercer University in Macon, Georgia in one of its cafeterias. Reason for the sales increase; Estimated meals served by the cafeteria per month; Food offered at the cafeteria.