AT CORONA-NORCO: `Giveaways have raised participation'
- Hopkins hops to it. // FoodService Director;8/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p1
Reports on the efforts of the Hopkins School District to make school meals as nutritious as possible in Hopkins, Minnesota. Ingredients to be removed from the menus; Plan for elementary school menu items; Adoption of the concept by Health Nut.
- Physicians group rates school lunches. // Food Management;Oct2002, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p14
Broward County, Florida school district attained the top position in a ranking of nutrition content of elementary school lunches served in 10 of the U.S. largest school districts. Philadelphia, Detroit and Houston school districts got F grade on the 100-point scale used by a team of dietitians...
- Fairbanks Nutrition Services Center: Borough's new school district kitchen serves something special. Lavrakas, Dimitra // Alaska Business Monthly;Feb2010, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p100
The article focuses on the construction of the Fairbanks North Star Borough School District Nutrition Services Center which functions to prepare lunches daily serving students in Fairbanks, Alaska. Amy Rouse, director of nutrition services for the school district, notes the potential of the...
- Bus Program Helps Students Be Involved. GALLAHAN, KAILEE E. // State Journal (WV);12/9/2016, Vol. 32 Issue 48, p3
No abstract available.
- Don't cheat our children. Perkins, Bill // New York Amsterdam News;5/26/2005, Vol. 96 Issue 22, p13
The article author comments on the results of the reading and writing exams for fourth and eighth graders in New York. The mayor says that New Yorkers should be smiling about the results of the reading and writing exams for fourth and eighth graders. The author is not smiling. He feels that...
- S.C. District Plans Saltines, Juice For Pupils With Unpaid Lunch Bills. // Education Week;4/5/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 30, Special section p6
The article reports that the students in one Lexington County, South Carolina, school district whose parents let their school lunch debts go unpaid will be handed a lunch of saltine crackers and a 4-ounce juice box. The new policy in the Lexington 1 district, which includes the town of...
- Let Them Eat Cheese. // Food Management;Nov2004, Vol. 39 Issue 12, p20
The article focuses on a program offering non-paying school children a low-cost lunch alternative. Referring to dilemma faced by many school lunch line workers, when they have to deal with poor children with less money to pay, the article points to a noble program initiated by the Methuen School...
- The family fights fat. Konig, Susan // Catholic Digest;Sep2006, Vol. 70 Issue 11, p127
The author offers his views on nutrition. Today, people are complaining that schools are making junk food too easily available to children. She observes that many school districts in the U.S. already have banned high-calorie soft drink machines and insisted that school menus offer healthier...
- Pinellas County gets top grade for healthful school lunches. // American School & University Exclusive Insight;10/19/2012, p4
The article presents the findings of the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine's 2012 School Lunch Report Card, which evaluated the healthfulness of the meals served to students in 22 U.S. school districts.