FREE DRINK SAMPLER TARGETED: Legislation is heating up for school soda firms
- NSDA goes to the principal's office. Gatty, Bob // Beverage Industry;Jul94, Vol. 85 Issue 7, p24
Reports on United States Senator Patrick Leahy's efforts to discourage the consumption of soft drinks from vending machines on school property. Better Nutrition & Health for Children Act of 1994's authorization of school officials to ban vending machine sales of soft drinks and candy bars;...
- A cast member on Batman. // Hill;7/24/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 86, p24
A blog from Senator Patrick Leahy (D-Vt.) is discussed.
- Take me to your leader. // Beverage Industry;Jun94, Vol. 85 Issue 6, p66
Profiles several chairmen of the National Soft Drink Association. Jim L. Turner; J. Peter Moore; Alfred L. Griggs; John L.D. Frazier; John A. Robertshaw Jr.; Bob W. Delauter.
- Wins come one state at a time. Frank, John N. // Beverage Industry;Oct95, Vol. 86 Issue 10, p25
Reports on the political activity of the National Softdrink Association concerning legislation in the beverage industries in the United States. Issues raised by the association from state legislatures; Efforts to roll-back federal sugar support levels; Benefits of several legislation to the...
- Remember who counts. Halpert, Hedy // Beverage World;01/15/97, Vol. 116 Issue 1632, p6
Opinion. Comments on the National Soft Drink Association. Representation of the beverage industry's interest in the United States; Membership; Consumer concerns.
- NSDA accepts franchise firms as full-fledged members, devotes quality time to talking business in... Jabbonsky, Larry // Beverage World;11/30/93, Vol. 112 Issue 1555, p6
Reports on the National Soft Drink Association's (NSDA) acceptance of franchise firms as full-fledged members. Election of executives of franchise firms to the NSDA board of directors; Honoring of the retirement of NSDA secretary Don Prescott and treasurer Bob Perry.
- Legislators of the year. Maynard, Cheryl // Planning;Apr98, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p20
Focuses on US Senator Patrick Leahy and Representative Wayne Gilchrest. Involvement in planning and environmental legislation; Awards received; Legislative bills passed; Contributions to community service.
- Leahy takes on pay-phone industry. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;04/20/98, Vol. 17 Issue 16, p20
Reports that United States Senator Patrick Leahy, is backing the paging industry battle against payphone deregulation. What legislation Leahy has introduced; Comments from Leahy.
- Leahy seeks release of mercury report. // Waste News;05/26/97, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p1
Reports that Senator Patrick J. Leahy is requesting that the United States Environmental Protection Agency release an overdue mercury report to Congress, in addition to commencing a pilot program for mercury tests of landfills. Basis of Leahy's request; Assessment of a draft of the Leahy...