FOR F/S EMPLOYEES: Universal Studios/Orlando goes on natl. 'talent hunt'
- Universal to add 4,300 rooms. // Hotel & Motel Management;10/4/93, Vol. 208 Issue 17, p34
Announces the planned expansion of the Universal Studios in Florida. Additional features; Number of rooms; Theme of each hotel.
- Watch out, Mickey: Kong has arrived. Popkin, J. // U.S. News & World Report;6/25/90, Vol. 108 Issue 25, p60
Describes the new Universal Studios' theme park in Orlando, Florida, which opened June 7 just 12 miles from Disney World. Going all out to be more thrilling; Working sound stages for filming; New pricing at Disney; Comparisons of the two parks by age group; Restaurants, lodging, shuttle service,...
- Yes, Stallone was there, but the fault at Universal's rocky theme park debut was not in the stars. // People;6/25/90, Vol. 33 Issue 25, p48
Covers the opening of the Universal Studios theme park in Orlando, which drew several stars along with 10,000 visitors on opening day, despite several faulty rides and attractions.
- Monkeyshines. // People;Spring91, Vol. 35, Extra p110
Reports on the biweekly maintenance of Universal Studios' newest attraction, King Kong.
- Theme park expansion bets on Florida's future. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;9/27/93, Vol. 231 Issue 13, p16
Announces a plan by Universal Studios, Florida to implement a 10-year, multibillion dollar expansion in Orlando. Management's plan to remove misconceptions regarding the high crime rate in the area; Features of the expanded park; Target date of implementation.
- A real kongfrontation. Leerhsen, C. // Newsweek;6/11/1990, Vol. 115 Issue 24, p66
Reports that Universal studios has opened an `entertainment-themed attraction' 12 miles from Disneyland in Orlando, Fla. Competition for Disneyland; Briefly reviews rides and attractions; Jay Stein, president of recreation services for Universal's parent company, MCA; Dark and dangerous tone of...
- A destination unto itself. Myers, Laura L. // Travel Agent;05/05/97 Supplement Israel, Vol. 286 Issue 2, p36
Reports on the expansion of Universal Studios Florida in Orlando with a theme park called Island of Adventure. Attractions included in the Island of Adventure; Creating of agent awareness with their packages; Creating of more selling opportunities with grater marketing and sales support;...
- Universal pass. // Travel Agent;05/26/97, Vol. 286 Issue 5, p2
Reports that Universal Studios Florida will unveil a marketing strategy that includes the revamp of its Vacation Value Pass.
- Soccer kicks in at Universal. // Travel Agent;1/10/94, Vol. 269 Issue 9, p67
Reports on Universal Studios Florida's offer of fully commissionable `Soccer Passport' in celebration of the 1994 World Cup Soccer Games. Plan for a full service resort destination called Universal City Florida; Showcasing of the prehistoric stars of the film version of the Flintstones.