PROFITABILITY IS A TOP GOAL: Organic snack & beverage test set for Colorado schools
- Finger-lickin' Cheap. CARBONE, MIA ROSE // Santa Fe Reporter;6/12/2013, Vol. 40 Issue 24, p50
The article provides information on Local Organic Meals on a Budget, which is a collaboration between the Santa Fe Farmers Market Institute, Home Grown New Mexico, Kitchen Angels, and the Santa Fe School of Cooking in New Mexico.
- PACK A POWER LUNCH. Gallia, Katherine; Althoff, Susanne // Natural Health;Sep2000, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p27
Recommends healthy lunchbox foods for school children. Earthbound Farms Organic Carrots; Cool Fruits Fruit Snack; Pavich Organic Snack Raisins; Fruice Organic Juice; Frookie Wheat & Gluten Free Peanut Butter Chunk Cookies; Let's Do Organic Mixed Fruit Bears.
- The Whole Earth School District. // Food Management;Oct99, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p10
Focuses on California-based Berkeley Unified School District's plan to convert its school meal program to one serving organic food. Goal of getting students to eat more fresh fruits and vegetables; Attempt to increase participation among affluent students; Integration of food and nutrition...
- To 700-800 Students: Berkeley Dist. Serves Organic Snacks. // FoodService Director;10/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p18
Reports the serving of organic foods in Berkeley Unified School District in California. Comments from Elsie Lee-Szeto, director of child nutrition services; Information on the after-school snack program.
- Small Soldiers and Better Food. Wright, Jr., Fred W. // Mother Earth News;Feb/Mar2000, Issue 178, p13
Highlights the decision of the Berkeley United School District to require schools in Berkeley, California to provide students with pesticide-free, herbicide-free and hormone-free foods. Details on the implementation of the decision; Challenges faced by Berkeley's organic foods project; Opinion...
- Do food bars measure up? Nutrient profiles of food bar versus traditional school lunches in the... Garceau, Anne O.; Ebzery, Mary Kay // Family Economics & Nutrition Review;1997, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p18
Evaluates the nutritional value of health food bars and school lunches according to findings from the survey `Child & Adolescent Trial for Cardiovascular Health' (CHART). Indications that the bars provide less total energy and more fat energy content compared with school lunches; Need for...
- Indicators. Dudley, Ben // American Enterprise;May2006, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p11
Evaluates the various sectors as of May 2006. Majority of U.S. students who attended private schools in Catholic institutions in the 1970s; Price difference of organic food crops from inorganic produce; Prediction of Christian growth in China and Africa.
- Making food From Thought. J. M. // Louisville Magazine;May2007, Vol. 58 Issue 5, p57
The article reports that up to 15 percent of the food prepared in the cafeteria of Kentucky Country Day School in Jefferson County, Kentucky, is organic and about 20 percent is purchased directly from local growers and raisers. Chris Rosier, the head chef of the school, purchases honey and eggs...
- California district first to go 100% organic--and cut costs. DeChellis, Joanna // Food Management Exclusive Insight;9/29/2015, p1
The article presents information on the Sausalito Marin City School District in California, which uses only fresh, organic, sustainable, non-genetically modified foods in the school's foodservice program.