AT NY HIGH SCHOOL: Ortega Bar debut cost set at $400
- OTHER FACTORS INFLUENCE DIET: Fast-food is not the culprit, districts say. // FoodService Director;03/15/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p16
Presents information on the report `2000 California High School Fast Food Survey,' published by the Public Health Institute. Mixed views regarding the report; Questions raised over the role of school administrator in influencing the diet of students; Other factors affecting obesity; Nutrition in...
- Lunchroom lessons of life and health. Heffern, Rich // National Catholic Reporter;7/18/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 34, p20
Focuses on the improvement of food service at Central Alternative High School in Appleton, Wisconsin. Result of the food program of Natural Ovens; Alteration of student behavior; Preparation of nutritious foods.
- Putting curriculum in context. // Media & Methods;May/Jun97, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p72
Introduces The Gale DISCovering Program, a suite of compact discs (CDs) that focus on the core high school curriculum from Gale Research. Details on the CDs; Provision of an interactive learning experience and intuitive paths by the CDs; Limitations of traditional reference and classroom materials.
- Calculus Problems Made Easy. // T H E Journal;Feb2001, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p47
Introduces Calculus WIZ, a software product for first-year calculus students, from Wolfram Research in Champaign, Illinois. Calculation of homework problems assigned in a typical calculus course; Invention of the software to show the underlying theories of calculus; Components of the electronic...
- SALES INCREASE 20%-30%: Florida schools renovate with space, ocean themes. // FoodService Director;11/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p8
Reports on the sales increase at two high schools in Brevard City, Florida School District following cafeteria renovations. Popularity of the renovated cafeterias; Thematic design; Estimated number of students served.
- $1.25 Each, Breakfast and Lunch: Tampa schools intro coffee. // FoodService Director;11/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p5
Reports on the introduction of cappuccino and coffee coolers at high schools in the Hillsborough City School District in Tampa, Florida in fall 1999. Purchase and preparation of the coffee products by the schools; Cost of the coffee drinks; Nutritional value of the coffee drinks; Popular drinks...
- Media distribution system helps rural schools share resources. // T H E Journal;Feb96, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p64
Describes the use of Dukane's SmartSystem media distribution system at the Loogootee High School in Martin County, Indiana. Features and capabilities of SmartSystem; Benefits of system to the school.
- Software can help Johnny learn, keep track of him. Harrell, Lisa // Journal of Business (10756124);10/26/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 22, pA17
Reports on the plan of District 81 to pilot at Lewis & Clark High School in Spokane, Washington a software called ParentConnectxp. Notification of parents via e-mail if their children are absent from school or have been involved in an incident that requires discipline; Specifications of the...
- Technology in Cosmetology. Guerriero, Priscilla // 21st Century;Jan97, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p16
The author describes a computer program used at her cosmetology shop at South Shore Vo Tech High School. She emphasizes the importance of technology in the field of cosmetology. She details the process of how the computer program works, along with its advantages. She stresses the need for salons...