MarketCapsule: KNOW YOUR BRAND FOOD CUSTOMER
- FIGURATIVELY SPEAKING. Macintyre, John // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);6/20/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 25, p7
Presents statistics related to the U.S. business and economic sectors. Valuation of the Coca-Cola brand; Percentage of U.S. consumers who have a rainy day fund; Rate of U.S. adults who said that the Internet has made it easier to launch a small business.
- Who Owns What: Familiar Consumer Products and Services. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2008, p365
A list of the well-known consumer brands with their U.S. parent companies is presented.
- 'Weaker links'?. Mikolajczyk, Sigmund J. // Tire Business;6/4/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p8
Reports the problems faced by the private brands tire manufacturers in the tire market in the U.S. Reduction in the margins of private brands; Scarcity of suppliers for private brands; Strategy implemented by manufacturers to protect the business of consumers.
- A longing for labels returns. Howell, Debbie // DSN Retailing Today;10/28/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 20, p24
Focuses on the reassertion of brand name products in the U.S. Search of the consumers for reliable brands; Decline in the receptiveness of consumers to buying private labels; Willingness of the consumers to try other labels.
- Private labels continue upward trek. // Prepared Foods;Feb97, Vol. 166 Issue 2, p28
Reports on the continuing rise of unit sales of private label products. Store brands' 6.8% growth in dollar volume during the second quarter of 1996 compared to the same period last year, according to Information Resources Inc.; Outperforming of national brand's growth by private label's growth...
- Louis Vuitton. // Town & Country;Nov2008, Vol. 162 Issue 5342, p130
The article presents statistics on the amount of Louis Vuitton brand collection including passport cover, handbag, and jewelry box.
- Top 100 brands list shows market in motion. Rosendahl, Iris // Drug Topics;6/13/94, Vol. 138 Issue 11, p72
Reports on the top 100-brand name products in drugstores for the period running from April 1993 to March 1994. Improved rankings for Blistex lip balm, Combe's Just For Men shampoo-in hair color and Procter & Gamble's Pantene; Slide in the ranking of brand-name vaginal antifungals; Products with...
- Private label continues to grow. // National Petroleum News;Dec93, Vol. 85 Issue 13, p7
Projects that private-label consumer products will account for one-third of all consumer packaged goods by the year 2000. Statistics.
- Handful of product categories drives rebound in brand growth at discounters. // Discount Store News;10/4/93, Vol. 32 Issue 19, p25
Presents the findings of the 1993 Top Brands Survey. Presence of national brands at discount stores; Categories in which name brand goods increased; Housewares; Food, candy and snacks; Household cleaners and chemicals; Consumer electronics; Lawn and garden; Home improvement; Non-prescription drugs.